Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wallchargers with long cables sensitive to cable failure !?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been using two Wallchargers with 7.5 m cable for 3 years. The first one has signaled an error with red LED 6 months ago and did not work anymore. In the meantime the second Wallcharger has also failed, which was actually only used for the last 6 months. The LED is permanently green, the car signals "ready for charging". But charging does not work with either Wallcharger. Superchargers are ok. After consultation with the service center I have to assume that the 7.5m cable is very sensitive and the signal cable inside breaks easily. Unfortunately the Wallchargers are just out of the 2-year warranty, and even if this is a design flaw, the costs for replacement Wallcharger + new connection remain with the customer.

My conclusions:
I would avoid Wallchargers with long cable urgently in the future and use those with short cable.
I would ask Tesla to develop and offer a cable replacement repair option so that in case of a cable problem, we don't have to throw away the otherwise intact Wallcharger (this is a cost and sustainability issue)