TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Walnut Creek Service Center

Discussion in 'California' started by Larry, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Larry

Larry Member

Anyone know where and when its opening.? Taking delivery in 2 weeks and it would be a nice plus since Im in the east bay

Thanks
    Larry

2. CalDreamin

CalDreamin Member

3. Larry

Larry Member

Interesting. Guess Ill just have to wait it out

4. JPP

JPP Active Member

...I'm waiting too. I'm headed to San Rafael this Friday for a couple of items. Will be nice to have one close by...I have used Fremont the last time.

5. Klaus

Klaus Member

Just to put the official quote in here: I just received a follow-up email from my service manager in Fremont:

"Thank you for the opportunity to service your Tesla. Our goal is that you are completely satisfied with the experience. I wanted to take the time and let you know that more Service Centers will be opening soon in the bay area to better serve our customers:

Coming Soon: Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Walnut Creek
    Now Open: Burlingame and Rocklin

We appreciate you as a Tesla customer. If you have any concerns or questions regarding your recent visit please let me know."

6. JPP

JPP Active Member

Anyone have any news on the location of the 'coming soon' Walnut Creek SC? Would like to scout it out.

7. smd

smd Member

I had valet service drop off a loaner and take my car to San Rafael. Valet service is only available to your closest SC. My friend had his P85 serviced at Fremont and they told him WC would open at end of this year at earliest, so I plan on 2014.

8. CalDreamin

CalDreamin Member

Tesla SF regional sales manager Troy Jones told me today that they have signed a lease for the Walnut Creek service center and anticipate it being open in December.

9. Larry

Larry Member

Excellent. Thanks for that tidbit Cal

10. JPP

JPP Active Member

Today's rumor: Tesla has been looking at the old Cook's Collision building at the corner of N. Main Street and Pine Street (next door to Autopia Car Wash...which I use twice a week). This site has been for sale and is being used by Stead Motors to store (excess) MBZ inventory. This is a large building with multiple bays on the Pine Street side. Would need some serious rehab/tune up, paint, landscaping, etc. Apparently some State of CA inspectors/officials were by there earlier this week for some kind of inspection. Even if true, IMHO there is no way this could be made ready by end-December.

11. CalDreamin

CalDreamin Member

#11 CalDreamin, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    I found the City of Walnut Creek Building Permit application for Tesla's WC Service Center, dated 11/8/2013. It does not show up on the city's lists of November permits that are "issued" or "finalized."
    Walnut Creek - Biweekly Reports

I emailed the WC contact and asked about the status of the permit application.

JPP nailed it, it is indeed the old Cook's Collision building on Main.

Permit: B131582 Applied: 11/08/2013 Issued:
    Address: 2198 N MAIN ST
    Valuation: $ 400,000.00 Location:
    Description: EXPEDITE- T.I- TESLA AUTO DEALERSHIP & VEHICLE SERVICE CENTER
    APPLICANT: MARY RYAN- FOR TESLA MOTORS, PO BOX 3749, , , MISSIONVIEJO, CA, 92690, Lic#:

12. JPP

JPP Active Member

OK--so any guess on when they will be able to pull the permit? I would bet 2 months work after that--the site is a sorry mess and I bet the interior is worse.
    If TM was smart, they would not install any detailing/car wash equipment. Save the square footage, cost and staffing and just use Autopia next door (...maybe I'll e-mail ownership).

13. CalDreamin

CalDreamin Member

I received this reply from the City of Walnut Creek:

"This application was withdrawn by the applicant on 11/26/13." :frown:

I don't know if this means Tesla will modify and resubmit the permit application, or if they are seeking a different location for the WC Service Center?

14. JPP

JPP Active Member

...very interesting...and FWIW as of this morning the 'Available' real estate sign is still up...

15. Larry

Larry Member

Thanks for the updates

16. smd

smd Member

I noticed that the Walnut Creek Service Center, previously listed as "Coming Soon" for many months here http://www.teslamotors.com/findus is now GONE. Pretty disappointing all around...

17. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

It's still there on both the list and the map. Listed as "Coming Soon."

18. Larry

Larry Member

Received an email today post service in Fremont that service centers will be coming soon to Dublin. Don't know if this eliminates WC but I can't believe it would

19. JPP

JPP Active Member

Interesting...FWIW as of yesterday no change at the theoretical WC site (old body shop building still empty, still has a 'For lease' sign, still has Mercedes parked there).

20. JPP

JPP Active Member

..thought I'd bump this...anyone have an update. The site looks the same.