Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to order car - but AP and FSD pricing higher than others are posting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, I'm seeing other Canadians posting lower pricing for ordering AP and FSD when they order their model 3. AP $4000 + FSD $6600 if I choose when I order car, or AP $5300 + FSD $9200 after, those numbers all seem super high!!! Any idea why? I want to order the car but this is holding me back.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-09 at 9.36.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-09 at 9.36.12 AM.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 45
Is it possible that the prices you are reading are for people who already have the car, AND did not buy AP +FSD when they bought? Thats what 99 percent of the talk around the pricing for those features is right now on TMC.

For example the price for AP (3k) + FSD (5k) is still a combined 8k in the US for a new buyer. The 5k price is for an EXISTING buyer who did not buy those features on launch. The outrage is from those who paid a higher price for those features, wondering why those who waited got a better price. That horse is still being beaten here... but may be confusing those like yourself.

The pricing for new buyers changed due to package content ("autopilot" is cheaper but has a few less features than enhanced autopilot before it, and is cheaper.. while "full self driving" now has some features that were previously in enhanced autopilot).

I dont know canadian pricing before so can not tell you anything about that, but if you are talking about "the pricing here online at TMC" i am guessing you are getting mixed up with existing owners pricing.

Fellow Canadian here. The prices you're seeing on the website are correct. The lower pricing you're seeing others talk about are people that ordered before the price drop being compensated with actually reasonable autopilot pricing.

Pricing on the website for a new order should be $4000 CAD for basic autopilot + $6600 more to go to FSD for a total of $10,600 extra if you go to FSD.

Fellow Canadian here. The prices you're seeing on the website are correct. The lower pricing you're seeing others talk about are people that ordered before the price drop being compensated with actually reasonable autopilot pricing.

Pricing on the website for a new order should be $4000 CAD for basic autopilot + $6600 more to go to FSD for a total of $10,600 extra if you go to FSD.

Guess I'm not sure I want to spend all that right now on features that aren't finished. Seems like a crazy amount of money. I think I'm going to do the 4k for AP, hold of on FSD...and HOPE there's a deal or price drop in the future. The $9200 they are saying will be the price for adding just FSD later is a heck of a lot of dough.

Yep, you're looking at the right pricing. I ordered today and just went with AP for $3k (here in the US). FSD seems tempting, but I don't see much of a use for summon/lane changing, especially since I'm coming from a car built in 2009/2010. TACC with AP is mind-blowing enough for me. The extras coming later this year might not come for a while longer, so I'd rather hold off and upgrade later.