Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted: lighted charge port hole

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Prairie

Model X LR 2022 delivered after 453 days
Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2021
Nebraska
Wanted: a light on the actual charge port connection. i have trouble in the dark seeing the hole to insert my home charger into the charge port. The Tesla symbol lights up to show charge status but it’s not enough to see the hole to put the charger into. Seems like it would be a simple thing to do. Also a problem at supercharger after dark (5 pm in winter).

I'm 'shocked' you can't just approximate where the hole is based on the status light.

I was going to suggest strapping a keychain light(probably electrical taped) onto the charge handle so the button is just forward or back of the charger button, but it seems you already got most of that idea.

Photon Micro-Light II PRO LED Keychain Flashlight even comes in a 'demo' mode that gives you 12 seconds of light per press. I used to have one that would auto-shutoff after three minutes, but it might be discontinued, sadly.

I'm 'shocked' you can't just approximate where the hole is based on the status light.

I was going to suggest strapping a keychain light(probably electrical taped) onto the charge handle so the button is just forward or back of the charger button, but it seems you already got most of that idea.

Photon Micro-Light II PRO LED Keychain Flashlight even comes in a 'demo' mode that gives you 12 seconds of light per press. I used to have one that would auto-shutoff after three minutes, but it might be discontinued, sadly.
Yes, so far I guess where the charge hole is and jiggle around to make it fit. Just not very elegant When a simple illumination ring would make it plainly visible. One of those “ room for improvement” items in this $130K car.

Reactions: henderrj