Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted - PowerWall 2 and Gateway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to buy a PowerWall 2 and Gateway. I have a reservation for a PowerWall but haven't been able to get Tesla Energy to set a delivery date.

My house is prewired for a set of two PowerWalls and the Gateway. Since I live near a fire department my power rarely goes off and, when it does go off, the power outage is less than an hour.

I have 10.2 kWh of solar (48 Sanyo HIT 215s with Enphase 210 microinverters) on my roof and PG&E is moving me from EV-A to EV2-A. My house is all-electric and I have two Model 3s so I need PowerWalls to store generation during the off peak/partial peak to after the sun goes down.

Please PM me.

If you can't get Tesla to engage with you try one of the other Powerwall installers like Swell Energy or Sunova. I'm sure they would be happy to take your money. Buying from someone on the forum isn't going to be productive if Tesla is not involved. The system depends on the Tesla back-end services, so it needs to be legitimately installed and commissioned.

• Informative
Reactions: GenSao
There are several people trying to sell their referral Powerwalls now that Tesla has allowed them to be 'gifted' to someone. From what I've seen, most are trying to get $5500 or more for them and there are questions about tax liability. However, if you are officially 'gifted' one of these Powerwalls, you become the official owner and Tesla will provide the back-end support and warranty for them.

There are several people trying to sell their referral Powerwalls now that Tesla has allowed them to be 'gifted' to someone. From what I've seen, most are trying to get $5500 or more for them and there are questions about tax liability. However, if you are officially 'gifted' one of these Powerwalls, you become the official owner and Tesla will provide the back-end support and warranty for them.
The guy's location basically puts him in Silicon Valley. I'm not sure why he can't get Tesla to install for him. I'm not sure why a referral powerwall would be any different.

If you wanted it done this month, you should have thought of that about a year and a half ago. That's about how long I waited for my three units. I live in an area that is often without power, sometimes for two or three days at a time, and I have 11 kW of solar. The power walls give me a couple days of power, or more if I cut down to the basics, so my food doesn't thaw in the freezer, etc. But you shouldn't be planning to charge a car. Each of my cars has several times the power of all three of my power walls. I might get ten kW into them, good for maybe 25-30 miles. It's easier to keep my cars topped up most times, or driving one and leaving the other topped up, so that in an outage I've got one car that will travel a couple hundred miles if necessary.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I want to do this quickly and easily. Tesla Energy can't do anything this year and the SGIP is oversubscribed for Tesla.

Yes, I'd love to get a PowerWall and Gateway from someone that earned it through a referral.
You should have no problem finding a referral award that is for sale. The problem will still be how long for installation. You might be waiting until next year no matter what.