Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted to get some suggestions on topics to cover in a Car review channel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
My wife and I are planning to start a car review channel as I've been a car enthusiast since I was a kid (I'm in my 50's now lol). I know there are tons of car reviewers out there, and gaining meaningful engagement and traction will be an uphill battle. However I strongly feel my enthusiasm for anything car related is what will keep me going for the long term. :)

Our plan is to do the reviews together - I'm a car enthusiast and my wife isn't. So the review will be a balance of a car nerd and someone else from a practical standpoint. The bottom line is that I strongly feel that with lots of enthusiasm and balanced reviews, this venture will be viable. I still have a full time job, so I'm under no illusion about the channel changing my life anytime soon (other than the time we'll spend recording the vids and post processing).

I've taken basic courses in videography, video editing (Davinci Resolve 16.2) and how to post on Youtube effectively (keyword research etc). I'm oversimplifying this to make this post short and readable. :) We're both hard core photograhy hobbyists and a lot of the photography concepts translate over to videography.

One of the important tips to align with the YouTube algorithm from the beginning is to have a bunch of videos uploaded all at once (I can think of about 6 so far - listed below) . This means having a playlist right from the get go and videos you can ask your viewers to watch for more content after watching one video.

If you have read this far, thanks for your time!! :):)

I wanted to get some suggestions from whoever has the time on what types of topics to cover. We came up with the following (this is all focussed on my car as that is what I have access to obviously. The plan is to review other cars as well - both ICE and EV's - some of my relatives have some decent cars - so I'll be good for a couple of videos to start):

1. Tesla Model S75D Review -
    • Exterior design, Interior etc
    • How is the stereo?
    • Overview of the giant screen - usability etc,
  2. Tesla Model S75D - Pros and Cons
  3. Range Anxiety of an EV?
    • How do u charge at home?
    • What is the charging setup
    • How much kwh does take,
    • How long, How much
    • Winter time, whats its like, how is the battery life, how long to warm up cabin, do u need to warm up the car?
    • Should I constantly charge my battery every day?
    • What happens when my battery drains completely?
  4. Tesla Model S75D - After 1 year ownership
    • What maintenance is required
    • Any out of warranty expense etc
  5. Acceleration test of uncorked Model S 75D
  6. Mod the car? What mods are out there?

Sort of hard to resist

1) how many visits to the service center to get an MCU repaired?

2) how many issues/failures can you identify with the car that are being dismissed as “to be addressed in future updates.”

3) how bad does a used car have to be before Tesla will agree to repair it (and for extra credit, does the process take less than 6 months / 6 visits)

4) talk to a human at the service center?

5) order some replacement parts for your Tesla (extra credit - order a restricted part LOL)