Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning!! 2021.4.6 - autosteer disengages without input!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does it happen at the same spot on the road? (I only ask bcos there is one road that I travel frequently that all of a sudden opens up a left turn lane at the time the divided highway ends, so Autopilot gets confused and says 'Take over'.

I would imagine this would be a significant issue if you took your hands off the wheel, but thankfully, you would have your hands on the wheel the whole time, along with paying full attention to the road as per the manual and messages that come up on the display when engaging autopilot.
And you would be wrong, as it can happen on a curve on a narrow road, as happened to me with hands on the wheel

And you would be wrong, as it can happen on a curve on a narrow road, as happened to me with hands on the wheel

Ok, so you originally post a very incomplete description of the issue. People speculate to try to fill in the gaps, or reach out to help. You complain they got it wrong (somewhat condescendingly, it appears). And so your purpose here is ... what precisely?

Ok, so you originally post a very incomplete description of the issue. People speculate to try to fill in the gaps, or reach out to help. You complain they got it wrong (somewhat condescendingly, it appears). And so your purpose here is ... what precisely?
No, they got it wrong in a certain instance
It’s also amazing how people struggle to grasp an infinitesimally simple concept of ‘autosteer disengaging itself’. And they go fishing for other reasons