Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warped rotors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't read back. Do you drive with your foot on the brakes? Check the calipers to make sure they're not dragging? Did you confirm both rotors were "warped"? Or did they simply just replace them both?

No, I don’t drive with my foot on the brakes. Most of my braking is regen. They said the calipers are normal. I’m just going off of what the service center tells me regarding them being warped - they usually just say “warped rotors” in the report; today’s report said “rotor runout was out of spec”. I use a lot of autopilot since my car is mostly used for a 50 mile daily highway commute. I’m not braking aggressively but once in a while autopilot will brake hard from highway speeds or brake hard if in stop/go highway traffic during rush hour. Would this be enough “aggressive driving” to warp rotors after 2-3 months?

Take it to an independent repair shop. Get a second opinion. Tell them what has been going on. It could also be that Tesla is using crap parts. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined check the Rotor and Hub lateral run out yourself.

You can run Amazon specials with zero issue on the street. We don’t use our brakes, and even if we did, unless OP is doing repeated stops there should be no problem. There is an underlying issue

Reactions: EbS-P