Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty coverage suddenly changed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One lesson everyone who is buying anything Tesla should learn very quickly, always save screenshots of anything important, order details, specifications, feature descriptions, warranty details, etc. Tesla has developed a habit of changing things and then pretending it was like that before. They recently changed warranty coverage (e.g. not covering screens anymore - they are now wear and tear item like your tires), and transferable supercharging (Tesla is stripping supercharging from cars they do not own when they are sold, even the cars were sold with transferable supercharging attached to a car - they even changed the UI so it no longer tells you whether your free supercharging is transferable or not). Elon is taking "car salesman" reputation to a whole new level.
I’m having a hard time accepting the screen malfunctions as “wear and tear”
Literally everything can be classified as that, failed motor? Technically wear and tear. Failed battery? Wear and tear!
Failed window switches? You use them therefore wear and tear.

I emailed the local service center and they said to contact customer service as they can't do anything about it. The ESA I clearly had a week ago is gone from my account now, along with all the other details about my car. If you have this problem, please reach out to Tesla customer service so they can see how extensive the problem is.

This is very concerning. My four year ESA I purchased when I bought my car new no longer exists in my account. All of those documents used to be accessible in my account, and now they are gone. I am kicking myself for not downloading them.

i assume this problem is extensive, and they will correct it soon?!