Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at a 2 year old Tesla model S which was previously used as a rental. I heard that if a car was used as rental or other commercial purposes, then Tesla might not honor its warranty. I was not able to find information on this and did not get a response after emailing Tesla. Any information on this will be appreciated. thanks!

...warranty...

Good question. I am not clear either.

You can read the 2019 current one:

"NCDS will not arbitrate claims involving a vehicle used primarily for commercial purposes unless the “Lemon Law” of your state covers (1) vehicles used for commercial purposes, or (2) claims that an air bag failed to deploy or deployed when it should not have. You must file a request for arbitration with NCDS within 60 days (or 6 months in certain jurisdictions) of the expiration of the applicable warranty period, provided you sent written notice to Tesla, as specified above, of the alleged defect during the applicable warranty period."

But that's only for arbitration. I don't see any warranty commercial exclusions.