Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was adding air to my tires via 12v inflator, and stranger tells me to turn on my engine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lost some PSI due to cold weather, and was adding air into my tires. A concerned stranger walking by (further away on the next row of parked cars) yells out, "TURN ON YOUR ENGINE, OR ELSE YOU'LL KILL YOUR BATTERY!" and gives me the hand signal to turn the key. The trunk was open, he was too far to see what kinda car I had clearly, but heard the buzzing of the air compressor (with no accompanying engine noise).

Me: "It's electric."

Guy: "Oh....". Then guy walks away.

Me: "Thank you though!!"

😄

The Tesla is changing a lot of fixed habits/stereotypes like no “Loud exhaust”, oil stains, leaving your lights on.

I made my kids watch the first Knight Rider episode and I noticed, the only thing missing from a Tesla and KITT is a talking voice and some other KITT “weaponized” gadgets. It was funny that 40 years ago the concept of an interactive computer in the car and auto driving was so amazing, and my kids weren’t impressed.