Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was anybody able to buy a model 3 with EAP and take delivery of the car with Hardware 3.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you pay for FSD upgrade? If not, does your car move out of the passing lane? My car used to but with recent updates it no longer does. I'm curious whether this limitation was placed by Tesla on EAP users or if it was placed on Hardware 2.5 users.
No I didnt pay.

And no it won't change lanes, it "bongs" at me when I put on my turn signal and shuts off EAP.

No I didnt pay.

And no it won't change lanes, it "bongs" at me when I put on my turn signal and shuts off EAP.
You either have something seriously wrong or you don't have EAP (Enhanced Autopilot)... My car will automatically change lanes to get into the passing lane, but it no longer will leave the passing lane. I can hit the turn signal and it will change lanes, but it won't do the change on its own while NOA is activated

Reactions: Bill Foster
No I didnt pay.

There is not currently any difference in operation between "Enhanced" autopilot" (EAP) and "Full self Driving "(FSD). The confusion comes in, because in 2018, either had nothing, or purchased EAP (for 5k) and then purchased "FSD" for 3k more (8k total). The purchase of FSD on top of EAP did nothing except pre pay the Hardware 3.0 upgrade.

In april or so of 2019, going from memory, Tesla re configured the options, and added a NEW option. They added "Autopilot" (AP) removing the word "Enhanced" from it. They also increased the price of the cars 2k, and then said autopilot included", except for the off menu base 35k model 3.

At that point, to get "all the features' you needed to purchase FSD to get the same features that were previously included in EAP. Tesla did not allow EAP purchases anymore after they re configured the options, only "car comes with AP" and buy FSD with all these additional features for 7k (or 8k or whatever it was).

Around that time (april of 2019, tesla came out with Hardware 3.0). As we all know, it is completely possible to have Hardware 3.0 without buying any additional software features like FSD. If thats the case, and the car was purchased after tesla re configured the options, that car would have the "free" (included) AP only, which does not have navigate on autopilot, will not change lanes, etc.

TL ; DR

Its highly likely that @Bill Foster has a car that has AP and not EAP, because he didnt purchase FSD, even though he has HW3.0 (acronym salad FTW)

Reactions: OCR1
There is not currently any difference in operation between "Enhanced" autopilot" (EAP) and "Full self Driving "(FSD). The confusion comes in, because in 2018, either had nothing, or purchased EAP (for 5k) and then purchased "FSD" for 3k more (8k total). The purchase of FSD on top of EAP did nothing except pre pay the Hardware 3.0 upgrade.

In april or so of 2019, going from memory, Tesla re configured the options, and added a NEW option. They added "Autopilot" (AP) removing the word "Enhanced" from it. They also increased the price of the cars 2k, and then said autopilot included", except for the off menu base 35k model 3.

At that point, to get "all the features' you needed to purchase FSD to get the same features that were previously included in EAP. Tesla did not allow EAP purchases anymore after they re configured the options, only "car comes with AP" and buy FSD with all these additional features for 7k (or 8k or whatever it was).

Around that time (april of 2019, tesla came out with Hardware 3.0). As we all know, it is completely possible to have Hardware 3.0 without buying any additional software features like FSD. If thats the case, and the car was purchased after tesla re configured the options, that car would have the "free" (included) AP only, which does not have navigate on autopilot, will not change lanes, etc.

TL ; DR

Its highly likely that @Bill Foster has a car that has AP and not EAP, because he didnt purchase FSD, even though he has HW3.0 (acronym salad FTW)
Yea, what you said. lol. So many damn acronyms

Reactions: jjrandorin
My memory is that it was March 1 that they did away with EAP and went to just AP. Then reports of HW 3 being in cars wasn’t until April. So I don’t think there is any overlap of a car originally coming with HW 3 and having EAP.
It just bugs me that my 2.5 hardware car doesn't do everything it used to do. I hope their plan isn't to keep taking away EAP features until everyone buys in or deals with it. Right now my car goes into the passing lane to pass someone, but won't leave that lane without me interacting which is really annoying.

It just bugs me that my 2.5 hardware car doesn't do everything it used to do. I hope their plan isn't to keep taking away EAP features until everyone buys in or deals with it. Right now my car goes into the passing lane to pass someone, but won't leave that lane without me interacting which is really annoying.

What is this "passing lane" you are talking about? In california, people drive in every lane, including the "fast lane" (which is what I suspect you are calling the "passing lane". People in california absolutely do NOT "keep right except for passing" in any way, shape or form on any freeway. Its not part of driving culture in california, or hasnt been in my lifetime of driving here at least in southern california.

• Funny
Reactions: vickh and golfpilot
My LR AWD from May 2019 has AP and 3.0 hardware and I did not buy FSD so my car will not change lanes and offers no NOA. $7,000 is too steep for FSD IMO.

Thats cool but still not what the OP was asking. We know there are tons of cars with AP and HW3 that didnt buy FSD. What we dont think there are, are owners who have EAP (not AP, but EAP) AND HW3.0, and have not purchased FSD for BC (big cash... just had to thrown in another acronym).