Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watch out for these coming undone too!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following on from my Watch out for these clips coming undone thread, while washing the car yesterday, i noticed that the two round black stoppers in the frunk lid were almost totally unscrewed on both sides.

20200405_180333 (2).jpg

You might want to check to make sure yours are screwed in tight and haven't fallen off yet.

I'll be back next week when I discover that the battery has come loose...

• Disagree
Reactions: CMc1
These are adjustable. You can have them totally screwed in, half screwed in, or mostly unscrewed to adjust the frunk gap...

Yes, and I imagine that in some circumstances, if screwed fully in, the front edge of the bonnet could "flutter" at high speed. I would think they should be screwed out enough to support a light pressure on the outer front edges of the bonnet without the panel moving. Just my theory!

Slightly changing the subject, but still on you might want to check.
The door seals under the door are only stuck on. I found my passengers door seal hanging off and the drivers one loose only stuck in a couple of places. I put them back in place with 3M doublesided tape from EBay. I also found the sills hadn't been pushed into place properly.
Hope this helps.

ah adjustable? Right. thanks for that. Mine were quite a way out. Only another half turn and one came out completely so I thought it was pretty loose. I clean under each door when I clean the car and, so far, all seals are in place, but thanks for flagging that as another thing that might simply drop off these cars!