Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water between the door and frame?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Y last week and took it through a car wash two days ago. When I got home, I opened the rear passenger side door and quite a good amount of water splashed onto the ground. No water through the door seal (or any other door or trunk).

I had something similar with one door in my prior car (Audi SQ5) but it only happened when snow melted off the car or there was heavy rain...and the amount of water was very, very minimal. I wouldn't have noticed but the water froze during the winter and it took a little bit of force to open the door.

Anyone else have this happen to them? What did the SC do to fix it?

I'm planning on mentioning this to my SC when I take it in next week but wanted to see if anyone else experienced this.

I have it happen in my 3. I was bothered by it at first but it really doesn't bother me any more. I think it's a combination of the door sill being too horizontal and the door maybe being installed too low.

I have it happen in my 3. I was bothered by it at first but it really doesn't bother me any more. I think it's a combination of the door sill being too horizontal and the door maybe being installed too low.
Did you ever try to get them to fix it? Does it ever hold water and then freeze in the winter?

Sounds like you haven’t had any issues with it...if so, makes me not worry about it.

Any issues in the freezing cold or when not washing the car (rain, snow)?

I’ve never had it in cold temperatures or really heavy rain so I can’t say. I just make sure to open all 4 doors after washing. When I installed the RPM noise kit last week I made sure to not block those drain holes. I am curious if installing the extra seal has any impact on the water but I expect it won’t because the water comes from the window seal.

Reactions: Koolio46