Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water condensation in Tailight After First Bath at Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's just a bit of condensation on the inside of the lens it should clear up on its own. This is normal apparently. If the water starts to pool then it's an issue. From your description it sounds like nothing worth worrying about.

In the recent colder months I have noticed some mild condensation after washing my car and after reading other posts on here I raised a service request with Tesla and their response was what I have just offered above. My car is coming up to 1 year old so wanted to ask the question with Tesla before the year is up. They're not bothered and too be honest nor am I - it soon clears away on its own.

From the manual....

Condensation in Head or Tail Lights​

Due to weather changes, humidity levels, or recent exposure to water (such as a car wash), condensation may occasionally accumulate in your vehicle’s head or tail lights. This is normal— as the weather gets warmer and humidity decreases, condensation often disappears on its own. If you notice water buildup within the exterior lenses, or if the condensation affects the visibility of the exterior lights, contact Tesla Service.

Water and now condensation in my right tail light on the body part and now not working we have 4 cars at home and none of them have this issues but I do see tesla have the same problems with most of the tesla cars and they say to me condensation Its no cover

IMG_4734.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: petercc9
I have the same issue and have seen other Teslas on the road with them. The fact that this is considered normal by Tesla is ridiculous and makes the car look cheap. It's the same when you buy aftermarket lights from China for other cars and they aren't sealed properly. /end rant

Hopefully the new taillight design doesn't do this!

Had a very small line of condensation in rear taillight after first bath at home - using a hose not at car wash. Is this normal? Larry

Water and now condensation in my right tail light on the body part and now not working we have 4 cars at home and none of them have this issues but I do see tesla have the same problems with most of the tesla cars and they say to me condensation Its no cover

Can confirm - same experience on my 23 MYP - affects all tail lights. Service said it is "in spec" and to report back if it gets worse.

This explains it. TLDR the plastic of the light unit is not "glued" together perfectly at the seams.
This video shows you how to glue it and stop moisture infiltration.

How to fix your fogged up Tesla tail lights​

Last edited: