Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water spots on the Roadster's paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always loved how Japanese has lots of fun onomatopoeic words.
pikachu.jpg

"Pika pika" is where this guy gets his name.

"Pika pika" is where this guy gets his name.

They managed to get not one but two onomatopoeias in his name!

Pikachu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though not the first Pokémon created, Pikachu was the first "Electric-type" Pokémon created, conceived after the type was suggested to Sugimori and designed around the concept of electricity and the common symbol for lightning.[7] The name is a portmanteau of the Japanese words pikapika, an onomatopoeia for electric sparkling, and chū, which is the Japanese onomatopoeia for a mouse's squeak.[8]

One spot that was a problem on my car is the sharp point on the body when you open the door. It is the intersection of the line at the bottom of the door with the curve coming down from the B pillar. That point takes a direct hit by the pebbles thrown up by the front tires. As initially delivered, there was no 3M film on that point. Tesla added a couple of small pieces for me; I think those may be included as part of the 3M film package now. But it still doesn't cover the edge of that pointed area. I've got white specs of undercoating showing there.
Are you talking about this area:
paintarmor.JPG

On my 2.5 there is paint armor there. There's a strip that runs down the face and wraps under the point.