Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waves in door Anyone else have this issue???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, NO, Tesla is NOT painting cars "in a temporary structure" or a tent. Please.

Sorry, but I'm probably OCD and this video looks a bit absurd.

OP: Go look at reflections in any BLACK, non-Tesla and you'll see many of these same "defects." Life is far too short to be so absorbed about something you only noticed in passing, after having owned your Model Y for almost 7 days.

YES, Tesla needs to step up their paint game, and fire any/all the saboteurs from Ford, GM, FCA, and/or the UAW, but jeesh, there's an entire planet to save here.

Get with the program and realign your priorities. (But, if you don't like it, return it. And don't buy a black car, of any brand, next time: they're way too hot in the sun and that wastes lots of energy, and they show all dirt and every friggin' paint "blemish." Just re-order in a new color and be happy:)

completely false- line up next to a stoplight with another brand’s suv, and wonder why cars with more complex shapes, lexus NX, mazda, hyundai, etc don’t have this issue

if Tesla cares for the environment, they should improve quality so owners do not go through several rounds of service which may involve repaint, replaced parts, etc. and itch to upgrade and get rid of a car with defects they no longer want to live with

Anyone know what can be done about these wave life dents? It's something I won't settle for in a brand new car.. It does not look good at all and I'm sure there's no "spec" for this.
It’s simple - if you “won’t settle for it” return it. What else can anyone tell you? Update when you accept a different one, or not. And seriously, even if others had the same “issue”, would it change your mind about keeping yours? I hear the new Fords will be perfect....

• Love
Reactions: mal_tsla
OP, sorry I know this is a three year old post but curious if you ever got your issue fixed. I got a new MYLR three weeks back and not until yesterday I noticed waves of reflection in daylight on one of the rear passenger doors. The other three are fine. I plan to schedule a service appointment soon but also wanted to know what happened with yours. Thanks.