Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Way to turn on only heated seats without climate control from app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife never updated her Tesla app and she still has the separate functionality of heated seats from the climate control. Just confirmed you can do them separately.
I take this back. I think was because we were in the car when I did this after a drive, so everything was on. Just tried now when we are out of the car and had to turn climate on to get heated seats on. Booo.

Chiming in to echo the frustration. I loved the dedicated seat warmer buttons. Frequently drove with just the warmer on, no air. Tried voice command, but it put all seats to level 3. Give us the option to drag down a seat warmer button to the bottom quick items!

@joshinphilly I don't think that even works with the current scheme. The icons would need a way to denote which seat they're for.

I watched the video today of them touting the changes made for v11 and it was like rubbing salt in the wound. Bunch of youngish software devs happy about "customizing app icons". They *do* live in sunny California, and they completely ruined a very usable UI.

Give us the option to drag down a seat warmer button to the bottom quick items!
I think another good option would be to not automatically turn on the climate system when you bring up the control panel (either the main panel or the mini popup one). Leave "on/off", "Auto" and everything else exactly as they are and then let me decide what I want to change.

Reactions: joshinphilly
I think another good option would be to not automatically turn on the climate system when you bring up the control panel (either the main panel or the mini popup one). Leave "on/off", "Auto" and everything else exactly as they are and then let me decide what I want to change.
I think another good option would be to give us v10 back, where a whole lot more things made sense.

I joined just for this. My car updated today and I live in Chicago so use the seat warmers daily. Now what the duck happened with this new update!? The design is so stupid.

Is it possible at all to go back to the prior version? Can the service centers do it?

Ugh.

Reactions: Nolakai
If I just want to enable heated steering, a/c comes on. If I just want to turn on the heated seats, a/c comes on. Or if I just want to bring up the climate controls...once again the a/c comes on automatically.

Reactions: ss71
I just got a software update for 2022.12.1 which now allows me to put a shortcut to the “Seat Warmer” directly on the App Launcher so there is now a solution to this problem!
True! Works great.

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 1.15.31 PM.jpg