Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We should all go to Albany and protest the new bill in NYS Assembly this week or next

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we should all get together and go to Albany to protest this new Anti-Tesla Bill in NY State Assembly . What is a good day this Wednesday or Thursday or next Monday July 1 when the bill goes for a vote? I already contacted my State Assembly Member. We drive in our Tesla's and meet in front of the Capitol Building like they did in Texas and other state with similar legislation. If we lose that means even some of us who NY Registrtion may not have Tesla service centers because they may close them down!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...s-set-aside-bill-threatening-tesla-sales.html

New York’s Assembly set aside a bill that Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA), the maker of electric cars run by Elon Musk, had said would shut down its Empire State operations.The lower chamber adjourned its legislative session late yesterday without acting on the measure. Lawmakers in the Assembly aren’t scheduled to reconvene until January.

They are also proposing an exception for Tesla. We should still fight it even if they bill goes to the assembly with the exception in place.

Tesla Exception

Senator Lee Zeldin, the Long Island Republican who sponsored the bill in the upper chamber, proposed a separate measure to carve out an exception for Tesla. Had both measures passed, the company wouldn’t have been affected, he said.
“Our goal is not to adversely impact any business operating in the state of New York,” Zeldin said in an interview in Albany.

“Tesla’s investment in New York has been to rent store fronts in malls with a handful of employees,” the letter said.

At least they are honest. Translation "Tesla has found a way to do what we do cheaper and with less people"

I will be in Albany next week for vacation... Well not Albany but nearby... Unfortunately my Tesla will be staying in Houston. I will be keeping an eye out on the forums and if anything goes down I will be there.

I called Senator Hugh Farley's office last week on behalf of my mother to let him know I was against Bill No A07844A: http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?def...mmary=Y&Text=Y

I told him that I was against the bill for one simple reason: If you decrease competition for something then the consumer will be worse off, plain and simple. Increasing competition will ultimately benefit the consumer. A07844A constrains competition.