Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

that render is awesome.
Hopefully M3 will look something similar.
very futuristic design, I like it
I would definetly buy that

That's the one. There's no point in having a reveal now.

Looks like a Sedan/Crossover ... well done! :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=109414.jpg

ALL of the other manufacturers are more concerned with how their EV competes with the rest of their range and where they will lose sales. GM and the others can't afford to make a mid sized EV because they think everyone wants an econobox. You can see it in the Bolt - its a Sonic sized car but it costs 35K
A lot of people forget that early rumors were the BOLT would be based on the SONIC platform. That may well explain the speed at which GM has been able to bring the new car to market. Because I am certain the BOLT design is targeted specifically at the Honda FIT.

It's ridiculous. I can't see how a car company could try compete BMW 3-series with that piece of junk. A 3-series potencial customer will never consider this. NO WAY.

Tesla wants to sell 500.000 cars with a revolutionary and "cheap" sedan, and the car have to look really good. They want to sell a 3-series alternative, not a Nesspresso.
I think that even BMW realized the massive mistake they made with the 318ti, when attempting to cover themselves from the Acura Integra.

No, that is not correct. J.B. had an error in one slide that said "Model 3 sedan and crossover". That slide has later been corrected to "Gen-III sedan and crossover" (or was it "sedan and cuv"?). The Gen-III sedan is on record to been named "Model 3".
I am certain there will be multiple body styles that all have the badge 'Model ≡' on the back. I say this because the market target is the BMW 3-Series, which has been available as: Sedan, Wagon, Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Turismo (Crossover) configurations. I believe that if there is a Model Y, it will be something else entirely, possibly a two seater, but more likely a full sized pickup truck.

Is there any company that keeps secrets better than Tesla? Not one leak, come ooooooonnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!
I'm pretty happy with the lack of leaks. I entertain myself by taking note of what Naysayers proclaim 'can't be done', so that I can throw it back in their faces when they are entirely wrong. Sure, as an admitted Over-the-Top Optimistic Tesla Motors Certified Apologist Fanboy, I am just as likely to be entirely wrong, and I'm OK with that. It helps a lot to know that at no point has Tesla Motors or Elon Musk given any indication that their idea of 'compelling' equals 'overpriced econobox'. Still, I doubt that Tesla will ever build a 'cheap' car... I believe that 'affordable' will be the basement of their product line.

Cheap steel wheels with plastic hubcaps will reduce cost by a couple of $1000. It is a must for the 3. S and X owners may want them as well.

I'd go for 17 inch wheels on steel rims for a Model S. It's not trendy, but I think larger sidewalls look fine, and wider sidewall tires tend to last longer. But then I'm probably a weirdo.
The base version of the BMW 3-Series includes 17" alloy wheels. I'd expect the Model ≡ to at least match that, and possibly include 18" wheels. There will be no 'wheels of steel' on any Tesla Motors product. Ever. (The Rolling Stones Steel Wheels Tour was nice, though!)

In the states you are correct but I think for the rest of the world such as France, UK, Japan, China etc. hatchbacks are the most popular design. I guess because of the size of our roads.
I understand that hatchback vehicles are very popular in the world market. Currently the Volkswagen Golf, Ford Focus, and Toyota Corolla rule the sales charts with nearly, or over a million units sold worldwide every year. But those cars are all offered by companies that approach or surpass 10,000,000 units Produced per year. It will likely be at least seven or eight years before Tesla Motors can manufacture at even half that scale. And the Model ≡ must be a success here at home, in the United States, first. I expect that between 60%-to-80% of all Deliveries during the first full calendar year will be to US or North American Customers. Tesla Motors will have to gradually increase production to handle other territories.

The BMW 3 Series, the Subaru Impreza/Legacy, and the Ford Focus are all just about identical in dimensions of the platform (wheelbase, width, etc.) They are all in the Compact Sedan and or Compact SUV/CUV category. With all the comments that the Model 3 will be about the size of the BMW 3 Series I'm not surprised by this at all.
In the US, car size classification is determined not so much by the exterior footprint of a vehicle, so much as the usable interior volume for passengers and cargo. I do expect the Model ≡ to be slightly larger than a BMW 3-Series vehicle, but it will have vastly more interior space, allowing it to be classified as Midsize here. Please note that the Model S is nowhere near as long as the AUDI A8, but is listed as a Large car, while the A8 is Midsize. You have to get the extended wheelbase A8 L to get a Large version of that car.

I think it really would be a gimmick to have it in a car with only two rows. For the same reason that sliding doors don't make sense for a car with only two rows, the falcon wings don't.
Gimmick or no, I absolutely pray that a Model ≡ Coupe has Falcon Wing Doors and a Panoramic Windshield. I would never need to buy anything else... At least until a Model ≡ Cabriolet was released...

Supercharging may not be included in the base model, but most Model 3s will have it. Supercharging may incur fees for the Model 3, which would be one way for Tesla to keep the distinction between the premium S/X and the cheaper 3.
When Supercharging was first announced, everyone was certain there would be a fee, or subscription program, or pay-at-the-pump option. So they were utterly flabbergasted when Tesla Motors announced it would be 'Free (of additional charge) for Life (the life of the car)'. Originally, the Supercharger hardware was only to be installed when it was ordered. So the $2,000 fee when ordering, and the $2,500 fee after taking delivery was to be for the hardware. There was some confusion between the dual charger option for AC charging, and the Supercharger hardware for DC charging. Also, Tesla figured out it was easier to just put the hardware for DC charging in every car. Thus, they decided to make Supercharger access optional for Model S 60 buyers. All that confusion can be avoided by simply including the DC charging hardware in every Model ≡ from the start, and activating Supercharger access from the get-go as standard. I believe this is what Tesla Motors intends to do for every product they release going forward.

So is that going to go against the Y then?

EDIT: Just read
BMW has suggested that the next i car will be released sometime around 2020.
and it is not guaranteed to be pure BEV, By then there would be lots more BEVs out, so BMW better change it to pure BEV imho. Looks a lot better than the i3 I imagine it could sell quite well.

On another note the front on BMWs reminds me of the eagle from its coat of arms and that other eagle from Germanys past. the 2 grills represent the wings and the badge its head.

369px-Coat_of_arms_of_Germany.svg.png

1FSMINTYRAILROADEAGLE.jpg

Last edited: