Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weather strip help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jwalkingjon2

Matte grey model 3
May 24, 2023
NJ
Hi All,

I've been dealing with wind noise from the corner of my front driver window near the b pillar by my ears not making contact, I've had tesla replace the full body seal, adjust the door, adjust the window and still it sounds like the window is basically open driving 20-80mph, I put a D share weather strip down the edge of the weatherstrip which made the incredibly quiet. But the 2 seals I've tried so far have fell off within 1-2 days and basically peels off with 0 give if I try to take it off. I can't seem to get any sort of weather strip to stick to the seal even with cleaning it with alcohol, letting that dry then applying adhesive promoter and letting that dry for a few minutes then applying the seal and holding it in place for a few minutes. Does anyone have advice on a seal with adhesive that's good for going on rubber or maybe something I can try, I don't want to super glue it since it'll probably damage the seal after the fact.