Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WeatherTech Mats at Costco - $30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings -

I was at Costco over the weekend and they are selling WeatherTech "Universal Sized" front/rear mat sets for $30. They are genuine WeatherTech, and are "grooved" so that they can be trimmed to size. I bought a set (black is only choice) and put them in my M3. The driver side mat at the base of the driver seat is a bit narrow, but perfectly serviceable, especially for inclement winter weather. The top left side is wide covering the "dead foot" section of the floor. A simple trim along the "seam" removes the extra material and allows for a flush fit. The overall width is a bit narrow as the driver's side floor widens as it approaches the driver seat, but again it's more than adequate. The front passenger well fits better, again benefits from some trimming.

Both rear seat mats fit fine as provided by WeatherTech. They aren't very wide, nor do they cover the "runner" area where the rear seat floor is flat, but they do serve to cover the immediate area where rear seat passengers would normally place their feet.

I'm not suggesting that they fit as well as custom sized Tesla mats from WeatherTech, but if you are looking for winter/rain mats that will protect the interior and are well made, it's hard to find fault with genuine WeatherTech "One Size Fits All" mats that cost only $30. I have no financial interest in these mats, just pointing out what appears to be a very reasonably priced alternative to protecting the standard Tesla mats, or providing an additional layer of protection at a modest price.

These mats were in plentiful supply at my local Costco this weekend, but like all things Costco when they're sold out they are gone. If you're interested check them out while you can.

I noticed them at Costco, too, and wondered...

Would you mind posting snapshots? Might be a great buy for the winter months, as ugly as they may be.
They are available online on the Costco Website. Here are the pictures and information:

WeatherTech 4-piece Trim-to-Fit Car Mats .jpg
Your Price:$ 29.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.99

Features:
  • Made from Advanced Rubber-like Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) Compound, Flexible in All Weather Conditions
  • Molded-in Nibs to Secure Mat in Place
  • Easy to Use Trim Lines, AVM Trim-to-Fit Mat Feature
  • Front Mats: 19" Wide by 27" Long
  • 2-Piece Rear Mats: 18.5" Wide by 17" Long
Dimensions:
  • 19" Wide by 27" Long
  • Can be trimmed to 16" wide by 24" long
2-Piece Rear Mats:
  • 18.5" Wide by 17" Long
  • Can be trimmed to 16.5" wide by 15" long

Note: The rear mats are too small, compared to the one piece from the Tesla Web site

Model 3 All Weather Interior Mats .jpg Model 3 All Weather Rear Trunk Mat .jpg

Model 3 All Weather Interior Mats $145

Model 3 All-Weather Cargo Mats $130

- Note: I would recommend the Motor Trend Odorless Heavy Duty Car SUV 4 Piece

Available at Custom Auto Crews: $59.50 Floor Mats - All Weather - 2 Row and Trim to Fit Trunk XL Cargo Liner (Black)

Motor Trend Odorless Heavy Duty Car SUV 4 Piece Floor Mats .jpg

Note: The mats can fit without getting trimmed.
The trunk could be a little bit trimmed but this not really needed if you prefer covering also the sides of the trunk.

Motor Trend Odorless Heavy Duty Car SUV 4 Piece Floor Mats size.jpg Motor Trend Odorless Heavy Duty Car SUV 4 Piece Floor Mats (size trunk) .jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jaywlker