Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web Browser Useless

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only time I ever really used it is for Teslawaze on a road trip... worked fine once, then if you exited/got back in requires reboot to work again.... (also running teslawaze seemed to noticeably impact range)
You're saying that running the Teslawaze program reduced the range of the vehicle in a noticeable way? I can't quite make the science work on that. I must be misunderstanding??

You're saying that running the Teslawaze program reduced the range of the vehicle in a noticeable way? I can't quite make the science work on that. I must be misunderstanding??

Yes, saying exactly that.

Presumably running the browser and it sending waze data/car GPS location back and forth to/from the host site constantly does this.

(likewise phone batteries runs down noticeably quicker if using google maps or waze on it)

Just got 48.12, I will let you know if I can surf w/o issue, but 48.1 still crashes.

I was excited to see that this loaner Model S has the same reboot to surf issue that my Model 3 has. I too felt I may be the only one with the issue, it is quite frustrating having to wait for a song you don't like before you can reboot the car so you can bring up TeslaWinds.com

-Randy

Just got 48.12, I will let you know if I can surf w/o issue, but 48.1 still crashes.

I was excited to see that this loaner Model S has the same reboot to surf issue that my Model 3 has. I too felt I may be the only one with the issue, it is quite frustrating having to wait for a song you don't like before you can reboot the car so you can bring up TeslaWinds.com

-Randy

During my Model S loaner, I was running but V8 and V9 and found V8 version of the browser on the S amazingly smooth and stable compared to my 3. Once I updated the loaner to V9, it was just as bad our Model 3s.

Its entirely due to the how they've redone the browser in V9...something about it kills our browser.

I have not rebooted since I got the new update on that first day everyone was getting it. My wife was underwhelmed when I tried to celebrate the web browser fix in the car but it has made my life so much better.
I'm quite familiar with the "wife was underwhelmed" concept...

Yet for reasons only Tesla can know... these updates seem to roll out randomly to the owners. Still nothing here, though my neighbor received it over a week ago.

Still loading browser favorites like Waze, etc. with no problems. I think it's fixed.

I am a Dish Network user with a software controlled receiver since 1996. For years the updates were 2 steps forward and one back. That's the way it's going with the Tesla. Things get fixed that the update summary doesn't mention like the cell phone echo last summer. Fewer weird things are occurring as time goes on. Hopefully the occasional one step back will be of no consequence.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was getting lunch at a place and I had a sandwich reward on my iPhone.

When I parked and went to load the app, my phone was not on.

Holding the power button down didn't start, it, and I didn't remember exactly how to do a hard reset.

I went to my Tesla web browser to look for instructions, and it was really fast. I was surprised.

I got my free sandwich :)

Reactions: Kbra and Jedi2155