Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web Navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious whether this is actually running the same algorithms (and using the same data) as what's in-car? My intuition says no, but that's based on zero actual information, and I haven't come across any statement from Tesla one way or the other (well I didn't expect one).

Bruce.

I must say, it's not really a trip planner, more like a sales tool.
That is, unless only current models need planning, like any 90 , or 85kwh packs does not exist.
Also - the savings estimate the same route.

In case of Tromø, northern Norway , to northern Sweden (a really well travelled route) suggests to take a huge D-tour across half of Norway :)

The real route, goes straight from Tromsø (the round white-black icon, along the Finland's border to the destination, (less than 1/3 of the distance)) - almost in a stright line...

I do understand that they need more superchargers along that route, but it's weird when comparing the same route for an ICE vehicle..

Screenshot from 2018-01-08 15-48-42.png

I must say, it's not really a trip planner, more like a sales tool.
That is, unless only current models need planning, like any 90 , or 85kwh packs does not exist.
Also - the savings estimate the same route.

In case of Tromø, northern Norway , to northern Sweden (a really well travelled route) suggests to take a huge D-tour across half of Norway :)

The real route, goes straight from Tromsø (the round white-black icon, along the Finland's border to the destination, (less than 1/3 of the distance)) - almost in a stright line...

I do understand that they need more superchargers along that route, but it's weird when comparing the same route for an ICE vehicle..

View attachment 271843