Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Webaudio only while in Park and only when browser is visible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ramonneke

Apr 26, 2018
Rotterdam
I like the fact that webaudio now works but it has 2 issues:

- Webaudio is disabled once not in Park, I could understand this happening for video but why audio?
- If you play a audio stream in the browser and you switch to another view the audio is muted. This means you cannot play anything in the background.

Missed opportunity!

Yah I submitted this to the feedback section on their website. beta.music.apple.com is able to play music via the browser but like you said once you put it in D/R it mutes the audio. I can only hope that they continue to add services to the Entertainment section.

Yah I submitted this to the feedback section on their website. beta.music.apple.com is able to play music via the browser but like you said once you put it in D/R it mutes the audio. I can only hope that they continue to add services to the Entertainment section.

I actually did the same thing on apple music, just on the developer site, so hopefully if they get hit from enough sides they will address it. Of course Tesla has to allow streaming music when the browser isn't open too but we shall see.