Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WebEx conference call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a little test of the Tesla connectivity and I was able to participate in a WebEx type conference call using my Tesla screen. Just to be clear I was parked at the time but I suspect it would work while moving.

Sorry it's a static image, apparently my phone won't shoot video while on a call.

Attachments

• 20200109_190512.jpg
    20200109_190512.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 667
Did a little test of the Tesla connectivity and I was able to participate in a WebEx type conference call using my Tesla screen. Just to be clear I was parked at the time but I suspect it would work while moving.

Sorry it's a static image, apparently my phone won't shoot video while on a call.

Awesome! Can you share a little more information? Did you just go to your company’s webex html and sign in, did you join someone else’s link, etc? This is very exciting.

Reactions: Gasaraki
The browser is extremely powerful (when you think of possibilities in a CAR!) but I hope it keeps getting better. I would like to see at least a “web App Store” pop up, kind of like back in the iPhone days before a proper App Store was offered.

I just canceled SiriusXM streaming tonight because I found I never used the service by streaming to my phone and bridging to the Tesla via Bluetooth... however, if there was a streamlined web app that had persistent sign in, favorites, and large buttons/album art for the service AND if it worked well on the Tesla browser, I probably would have kept the service. The listen online actually did work, but it was clunky, require too many page loads to start/restart music, and didn’t always “take over” the audio output. (It would play, but if you had the FM radio playing that would also play)

Opening or publishing some basic web API’s and offering to curate a featured list for Tesla owners could be a way to spur 3rd party development for “Made for Tesla” web apps and could also potentially be much easier for Tesla to lock down and protect the car from malicious access. I would imagine a true App Store would need to be sandboxed really well to just the media unit to make sure safety critical systems weren’t compromised...

Reactions: d0nkn0tts