Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Wednesday March 21 Evening Meetup - SF Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took a ride in the modified Model 3 with Mountain Pass Performance (MPP) prototype coilovers and...they feel great! The ride is compliant and a tad bit softer on the first hit compared to the stock suspension. The ride height is adjustable, and the Mountain Pass Performance team had it lowered about 2" (5 cm). The stance looked great!

We took the Model 3 easy on the drive, since it was night and a slight rain was falling. We went on a curvy drive (Hwy 84, La Honda Dr.) through the Woodside mountains near Alice's Restaurant (map). The car did a great job on rebounding off deep potholes and large bumps in the road. The wheels felt planted to the road as the suspension softened and eased the ride quality tremendously.

I would love take these new suspension mods on the track. Can't wait for production version. I think the rebound effect I was feeling in the lowered Unplugged Performance springs during the track day (track video, forum post, brake video) would be removed dramatically with this suspension from MPP.
La Honda.jpeg

Reactions: vernontwg
I took a ride in the modified Model 3 with Mountain Pass Performance (MPP) prototype coilovers and...they feel great! The ride is compliant and a tad bit softer on the first hit compared to the stock suspension. The ride height is adjustable, and the Mountain Pass Performance team had it lowered about 2" (5 cm). The stance looked great!

We took the Model 3 easy on the drive, since it was night and a slight rain was falling. We went on a curvy drive (Hwy 84, La Honda Dr.) through the Woodside mountains near Alice's Restaurant (map). The car did a great job on rebounding off deep potholes and large bumps in the road. The wheels felt planted to the road as the suspension softened and eased the ride quality tremendously.

I would love take these new suspension mods on the track. Can't wait for production version. I think the rebound effect I was feeling in the lowered Unplugged Performance springs during the track day (track video, forum post, brake video) would be removed dramatically with this suspension from MPP.
View attachment 288636
Matt. Did you ever swap over to these from the Unplugged springs? I have the unplugged springs and the ride is still pretty harsh. Wondering how the production versions feel.