Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weight of one PUP 20" wheel+tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are quite a few options ranging from $200 to $600+.

The one I got looks identical to the Ohhmu battery but cost $100 less. It was around $315 shipped.

The battery has one of the best dollar/weight saving ratio.

I should be under 4000 lbs (P3D+) after these mods.
Yeah reducing rotating mass is far more effective. The car just has to move the battery forward, the wheels have to move and turn. Saving 20 pounds in your wheels is like saving something like 60 pounds elsewhere.

I swapped my wheel/tires out with 19" wheels that weigh just under 21 lbs each. The tires weigh about 24 lbs so total weight is right around 45 lbs before the lead weights. That's roughly 8 lbs per corner.

I don't think an 18" tire is going to weigh that much more than a 19 or 20". A PS4S in the stock size 235/45/18 weighs 23 lbs, which is one lb lighter than the foam filled tesla OEM 20" tire. The 245/40/19 PS4S weigh 24 lbs.

That's 32lb off the car. Nice!. How does it feel now?

That's 32lb off the car. Nice!. How does it feel now?
The biggest difference was the ride got a little softer. The car doesn’t feel like it hugs the ground as much as the stock 20’s and it rides a little softer, which is good since it’s a daily driver. In terms of the weight, the butt dyno thinks it feels a little lighter on its feet. I don’t have any objective data, however.

Last edited:
I swapped my wheel/tires out with 19" wheels that weigh just under 21 lbs each. The tires weigh about 24 lbs so total weight is right around 45 lbs before the lead weights. That's roughly 8 lbs per corner.

I don't think an 18" tire is going to weigh that much more than a 19 or 20". A PS4S in the stock size 235/45/18 weighs 23 lbs, which is one lb lighter than the foam filled tesla OEM 20" tire. The 245/40/19 PS4S weigh 24 lbs.

Interesting! The 20" rims weight around 33 lbs according to Tesla and total weight I measured including tires is 53 lbs, so the tires do weight quite a bit less than your 19". Speaking of 19", I got a set of Chinese Tesla performance wheels and they weigh about 48.5 total so I save about 4.5 lbs per corner.

Same arguments as yourself: I use them mainly for my 90 mile roundtrip daily commutes and 19" is better for that. Also, I paid $1,500 for all four so it's much cheaper to burn through that Hancook summer rubber than the 4S on the 20s.

I am surprised that I do seem to feel an improvement in 0-30, like the car is more agile. Could be confirmation bias since I'm expecting that from the lighter wheels.