Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird AC Lockup when using Theater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, while charging at a supercharger during a long trip, I tried to put a movie on Netflix for the kids to watch while we waited. Well, while trying to browse for a show for them, suddenly the AC went on full blast Arctic cold and the entire infotainment system locked up. I ended up having to give it the two thumb salute to get the AC back in a normal condition again. I’m currently on 2021.4.18.10 if that helps any.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

This has happened a few times for me while supercharging. Video gets choppy and screen freezes and AC goes to full blast. I've been noticing videos getting choppier and freezing more often since having MY for almost a year now.

You have basically crashed the infotainment system. Normally it reboots by itself when that happens. Since that system controls heating /ac, the system "doesn't have a head" anymore so it seems to default to full blast. It will get back to normal once the infotainment reboots.
Crashes happen sometimes when using Netflix, youtube or the browser.

Just happened to me while watching YouTube in a parking lot waiting for my daughter. It’s not charging related, people just notice it more because that’s when they use the infotainment system. First time it happened to me I was on a freeway in the mountains and couldn’t pull over for miles. It usually seems to require a double reboot for me to get back.

I actually was planning on coming here today to complain about how slow and useless the infotainment part is, before the thing locked up. Youtube is basically useless most of the time. It hoses up, is out of sync, locks up all the time. Overall the screen works well, but any video or web stuff feels like you’re on an iPad 1.

Reactions: Sousvide