Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird dc-dc output current in Scan My T3sla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, I connected the S3XY Buttons bundle and ran Scan my T3sla. I noticed something strange during the installation of the 12V - I am attaching a video.

Is this something I should worry about, or is the negative current/power related to the fact that the 12V battery was being charged from the high-voltage battery?

Video: RPReplay_Final1698748354
I see the same thing here. I'm quite sure the DC-DC converter isn't actually acting that weird. As I recall it started after a Tesla software update (but I don't remember which version) to the car a few months ago and the DC-DC CANbus values SMT is looking for must have changed. So the app is likely seeing some other data in that spot now. The SMT developer will have to update the app to fix the issue.

Reply from the developer:

Hi,

Yes it's broken, changed from the car side after a firmware update. I don't have a fix, yet. (The SOC expected however I have found the fix for, but I have to fix some Apple technical stuff before I can release a new version, but it should come soon).

- Amund
scan my tesla developer”

• Informative
Reactions: Mike1080i and KenC