Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Homelink issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, tonight, I'm backing out of my driveway, and noticed that the Homelink did not close my garage door. Usually. I would just tap on the homelink button and close it, no big deal. However, this time there was NO homelink button in its usual spot (under the giant car in the new UI).
So, I pulled over, and starting looking through menus to try and find it. No joy. Can anyone tell me how to find Homelink in the menu system, when it does not automatically appear, like it should?

Then there's something wrong, because that's where it is located now. It shows up under the giant car OR, when you have the settings open, it's up top along with all the other stuff that used to be up top (sentry, dashcam, etc). It's only there when the settings are open.

Here, I took a photo. I was wrong about what other icons show up there. Doesn't help that it's no longer green
20220112_170529~2.jpg

Thank you for posting the SCRShot of the display IMNid and would appreciate a little more help.​

This would work well with the "old" display format but a little more complicated (extra steps) with the updated format.​

My Model "Y" is in parking space that roughly 1,000 feet from the front gate and there is NO WiFi in the garage so I am unable to access the Homelink "house" icon until I am about 300 feet from the front gate.​

So my question is, how do I access the Homelink icon from the new display since I already removed some icons before realizing that the "Controls" page is no longer in the upper right corner of the display so I use Voice Command to access Controls, then click on the Homelink icon and then click on Incoming-Outgoing icons which is not a very user friendly scenario.​

Thank you​

Bob​

Thank you for posting the SCRShot of the display IMNid and would appreciate a little more help.​

This would work well with the "old" display format but a little more complicated (extra steps) with the updated format.​

My Model "Y" is in parking space that roughly 1,000 feet from the front gate and there is NO WiFi in the garage so I am unable to access the Homelink "house" icon until I am about 300 feet from the front gate.​

So my question is, how do I access the Homelink icon from the new display since I already removed some icons before realizing that the "Controls" page is no longer in the upper right corner of the display so I use Voice Command to access Controls, then click on the Homelink icon and then click on Incoming-Outgoing icons which is not a very user friendly scenario.​

Thank you​

Bob​

I took that screenshot when I was in a parking lot quite far from my house. You just hit the car icon on the lower left of your screen (you can't get rid of it). Then you will be shown a screen like I posted and you will hit the little house that I drew a red arrow to on my screenshot.