Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well, the 800lb gorilla in the room...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah... I know. I own one... and I've been been on that forum for years.

That's why I wrote "2'nd Gen"

It's still a Roadster... when the more radical redesign if the S, X, and 3 happen... we won't need another forum for those vehicles... I wonder if the Roadster 4.0 is 2020, when is the Y? But thats for another post...

It's still a Roadster... when the more radical redesign if the S, X, and 3 happen... we won't need another forum for those vehicles... I wonder if the Roadster 4.0 is 2020, when is the Y? But thats for another post...

Sorry, but you might be off there. Every Forum with vehicles has design specific forums.

Corvettes from 1967 are never discussed with Corvettes from the late '80's. First gen Firebirds would never be discussed with 1970's or 1980's. Saabnet has separate forums for classic 900 vs later gen 900, etc... A Dodge Charger from the 1960's is nothing like the 1970's, and nothing like the crappy 1980's version, and shares absolutely nothing with the current design. All are in different subforums in reputable sites.

The New Roadster is "Second Generation" design that shares nothing with Classic Roadsters, aside from the company logo. It needs its own playground to play in.

What I'm most curious about is when the X is getting that 620-mile battery...

An *excellent* question that deserves its own thread.

Range for all, and all for range.

As it were.

It’s a no-brainer that to reduce demand for limited resources (charging locations), you increase range and, by indirect extension, charge rate.

Competition will drive this. Should be fun to watch in, say, 10 years when ideally Tesla is in first position with a combined bunch of legacy and upstarts nipping at market share.

• Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: vandacca and gfb107
An *excellent* question that deserves its own thread.

Range for all, and all for range.

As it were.

It’s a no-brainer that to reduce demand for limited resources (charging locations), you increase range and, by indirect extension, charge rate.

Competition will drive this. Should be fun to watch in, say, 10 years when ideally Tesla is in first position with a combined bunch of legacy and upstarts nipping at market share.

I started a thread to discuss whether there would be luxury options for the X back in April:

Do you think there will be a "luxury" Model X in the future?

As I'm no rush to replace my current vehicle, I wanted to see what the 3's debut would bring in the meantime. So far, it's been a $20k price drop on my wishlist config, which is awesome. But man, doubling the max range would be killer. My commute has since changed and I sometimes drive upwards of 250 miles in a day, round-trip. ~90 minutes each way in the car makes Autopilot awfully appealing, but that extra range would completely cure my personal range anxieties, especially since where I go with my work commute is pretty far away from any public Superchargers. The catch is that the Roadster 2.0 isn't due out until 2020, which is three years away. I am hoping for a refresh in say mid-2018 with at least 400 or 500 miles of range (plus hopefully some extra interior features to help set it apart from the 3). Then again, that makes me stuck in the never-ending "wait & see" trap :D