Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no VIN.
Called Century City and was told the vehicle should arrive by the end of the month.
States that the VIN will show up 3 days before arrival.
I called Burbank today and they told me the same today. They said by the end of the month I should get the car. I still haven’t been matched win a VIN.

As the fine print states on the bottom, delivery will depend on location and configuration(And a number of things). My location is no doubt pushing me back in the line. Second, multi-coat red and white does not come up that often. I think it is one of the rarest combination. I see a ton of white/black 18s and those are the easiest and fastest to push out.

I called Burbank today and they told me the same today. They said by the end of the month I should get the car. I still haven’t been matched win a VIN.

As the fine print states on the bottom, delivery will depend on location and configuration(And a number of things). My location is no doubt pushing me back in the line. Second, multi-coat red and white does not come up that often. I think it is one of the rarest combination. I see a ton of white/black 18s and those are the easiest and fastest to push out.

I feel as if my configuration (white/white/19's) should be readily available. Yet, I feel as I'm also getting pushed to the end of the line. (Ordered on 07/12).

What date is listed under the est. delivery date?

Sept 12 - 26th

upload_2020-9-15_15-30-13.png

Reactions: GMD13
Just called the Buena Park dealership and they said they're getting about 200 cars next week. Said the delivery should be before the end of the month. Does anyone know if the delivery date listed under the order page accurate?
For me the date wasn’t accurate. My car was supposed to be delivered by September 15 but I just checked and the date was removed I have not received a Text or a Call from Buena Park. I have a LR White/Black Sport ordered on 8/25.

Just got a email from my SA at the Renton Tesla. Got soft-matched with a VIN today and should be expecting delivery around the 20th.

- First world problem... my registration expires on the 18th sooooo i'm low key hoping my delivery is early haha.

For me the date wasn’t accurate. My car was supposed to be delivered by September 15 but I just checked and the date was removed I have not received a Text or a Call from Buena Park. I have a LR White/Black Sport ordered on 8/25.

The rep never texted me the estimated dates that he claimed to have.I called back again around 4 and another rep said it should be in the next 2 weeks. My account page does not give me any estimated delivery dates at all. Needless to say, no VIN.

I just found my exact configuration in stock and just paid the extra 100 dollars to get it earlier and now I have an MVPA with a VIN number. I'll keep my fingers crossed tomorrow when I call them to confirm and HOPEFULLY get my 100 dollars back or if not it's better because I really need to trade in my car this weekend.

I just found my exact configuration in stock and just paid the extra 100 dollars to get it earlier and now I have an MVPA with a VIN number. I'll keep my fingers crossed tomorrow when I call them to confirm and HOPEFULLY get my 100 dollars back or if not it's better because I really need to trade in my car this weekend.
I was tempted to do the same because saw a car with the exact same specs in stock in Orange County. Personally, I don’t mind waiting because I want the 7 day return period to be within battery day.

I was tempted to do the same because saw a car with the exact same specs in stock in Orange County. Personally, I don’t mind waiting because I want the 7 day return period to be within battery day.
Dang that's actually smart.. but my car trade in value from SHIFT is really good right now... 2.5k HIGHER than it was on July... my original order was in July 18th... still with NO VIN. I think I'm maxed out with my patience

I just talked to my SA and still have no VIN but he said he "feels" confident I will have a car by the end of the month. After ordering on 8/4 and almost no communication, this frustration builds faster than the excitement. Hearing of people getting cars 2 weeks after ordering them is exciting for them but confusing for those who have been waiting. I think Tesla needs to do a better job of setting the expectation based on previous delivery patterns. If you know cars to LA go out in weeks 2 and 3 of the third month of the quarter then estimate on that schedule. People won't be sad about getting it early if something changes If I had been told 8 weeks at the beginning (versus 4-8 weeks) that would have made a difference to me selling my car in week 3. Oh well, I'm just ranting to get it out but I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this frustration.

Reactions: RedWhite19
I just talked to my SA and still have no VIN but he said he "feels" confident I will have a car by the end of the month. After ordering on 8/4 and almost no communication, this frustration builds faster than the excitement. Hearing of people getting cars 2 weeks after ordering them is exciting for them but confusing for those who have been waiting. I think Tesla needs to do a better job of setting the expectation based on previous delivery patterns. If you know cars to LA go out in weeks 2 and 3 of the third month of the quarter then estimate on that schedule. People won't be sad about getting it early if something changes If I had been told 8 weeks at the beginning (versus 4-8 weeks) that would have made a difference to me selling my car in week 3. Oh well, I'm just ranting to get it out but I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this frustration.

True, the sales pushed for me to do my financing ASAP to get me in line for a car. And now my financing offer expires on the 16 of October.

The one credit pull wasn't bad but doing a second unnecessary one due to deliveries being late would be aggravating.Especially just hearing now that people in chicago and east coast are just getting their deliveries in and scheduled got me sweating.

I just called Tesla Customer support after my car showed a delivery date of Sept 15 and then disappeared yesterday. He said that since I ordered on 8/26, I probably won't be getting the car until early October to late November..!!!!!

On the Main Tesla Website, it shows expected delivery of 1-3 weeks for new Builds. He also mentioned that since I ordered from home and online that no SA is assigned. Go figure..

I am also paying for the vehicle in cash so not much paperwork so thought it could speed up the process but guess not.

Maybe it is a sign that I should wait until the M3 gets the rumored updates that the Model Y has. :)