Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model 3P appears to be the first ones out for WC delivers. As I’ve seen, the LR’s are trickling down next. Some are set for delivery for this week, and these are orders that took place in late July. The SR+ orders that took place in the first couple weeks of August will probably be delivered around late September and early October. At least this is what the telltale signs are indicating. Some of us still haven’t received our VIN’s.

Just curious when and if people on the west coast are getting delivery notifications. I ordered Aug 5th Seattle area and still waiting with no update. The only information I have is from my SA saying probably mid September. Hoping to start reading posts of people on the west coast getting some love. Its September now so the wait is almost over.
I ordered my SR+ @ Renton, WA location. I pretty I got the same 2 to 4 weeks text on 9/2/2020 like you did.

Not quite WC - but Colorado. Ordered July 31…got a text almost 2 weeks ago saying “2-4 weeks”, nothing since. Looking at the spreadsheet I don’t really see any Rockies area deliveries. A few WC, mostly EC as expected, though I had hoped by now it would start trickling in.

Model 3 Performance Red .... Ordered mid-August. This week got a text saying to schedule delivery. Had everything setup for Monday 9/7 at 10a. Even spoke with my local SA.

Yesterday I logged into my account and my delivery appointment was randomly 5 days later. No call, no text, no nothing.

Frustrating that I changed my trade in plans and took time off work to pickup tomorrow and now, without anything they just push it 5 days. To a date and time where I can't make it......

Well, I showed up at my originally scheduled time and the car is actually here! They didn't know what happened with the delivery date but they are now retrieving and detailing the car for me! :)

I called my sales rep and I get a text the next day. That is what happened to me.
I did that last week and nothing has happened since. I just got a “We should be moving things forward a lot quicker next week. You should get something next week.”

I’m not holding my breath to be honest. I’m expecting my ETA to be at the end of September or early October. After that, Tesla will have “Som splain’ to do.”

I did that last week and nothing has happened since. I just got a “We should be moving things forward a lot quicker next week. You should get something next week.”

I’m not holding my breath to be honest. I’m expecting my ETA to be at the end of September or early October. After that, Tesla will have “Som splain’ to do.”
They will only give me very general estimates every time I reach out, nothing specific. Super annoying.

I am not sure that your order date matters that much, outside of the odd person who gets matched with a cancellation or something. If you placed your order within the window for delivery this quarter, it will be scheduled based on your delivery location, and specific configuration.
My SA advised to expect delivery last two weeks of September

Wish they were just consistent. Haven't gotten a single test outside of Day 1 message telling me to fill out my stuff.

Kind of concerning when everyone else in SoCal is getting "1-2 week messages" and feels like you just slipped through the cracks

Anyone get an eagerly awaited text saying delivery is ready in the last couple days? Really hoping the west coast will start getting some deliveries this week. Its a little hard see people that have just ordered in the last couple of weeks on the east coast getting delivery dates so fast.

Anyone get an eagerly awaited text saying delivery is ready in the last couple days? Really hoping the west coast will start getting some deliveries this week. Its a little hard see people that have just ordered in the last couple of weeks on the east coast getting delivery dates so fast.
Delivery? Today marks the fourth week of my order and I still haven’t received a VIN.

For me...
August 25, 2020: Order Placed - SR+, Pearl White Multi-Coat, 19 inch Sport, FSD
August 28, 2020: Changed Order to: LR, Pearl White Multi-Coat, 19 inch Sport, No FSD
September 2, 2020: Expected Delivery of 1-3 Weeks Text

There was another person from San Diego, who received a 2-4 Expected Delivery Text on 9/2 but has already scheduled a delivery date. So the Expected Delivery isn't always accurate.

Delivery? Today marks the fourth week of my order and I still haven’t received a VIN.

I know, I need to lower my expectation. Tomorrow marks the beginning of week 6 for me. I have seen posts where people tend to get the 1-3 or 2-4 weeks and about a week later they get there VIN and then the text to schedule the delivery. Although that seems to be more common for east coast. It seems like we are on the same text cadence though. Since I have ordered on 8/5 every 2 weeks I have received a text. The last one being 9/2 so I would assume to hear nothing this week and I will get a text next Wednesday 9/16 with more information, fingers crossed its to set up a delivery. That's my prediction right now. It will end up being the full 8 weeks in my 4-8 week window. Kind of a bummer I was hoping to get it earlier.

Reactions: RedWhite19
I know, I need to lower my expectation. Tomorrow marks the beginning of week 6 for me. I have seen posts where people tend to get the 1-3 or 2-4 weeks and about a week later they get there VIN and then the text to schedule the delivery. Although that seems to be more common for east coast. It seems like we are on the same text cadence though. Since I have ordered on 8/5 every 2 weeks I have received a text. The last one being 9/2 so I would assume to hear nothing this week and I will get a text next Wednesday 9/16 with more information, fingers crossed its to set up a delivery. That's my prediction right now. It will end up being the full 8 weeks in my 4-8 week window. Kind of a bummer I was hoping to get it earlier.
My order was the 11th and I’ve mentioned this, I’ve only received one single text on the 19th saying I am 3-6 weeks away. And nothing since. I called last week and they said I should get something this week.

Until Tesla figures out to get cars to their customers faster, and I mean, I can walk into the dealership and pickup my car the same day, I’m not doing this again. It isn’t just the wait, it is the lack of professionalism. They can’t reach out to a customer and give an update?

I'm also in week 6 of a 4 to 8 week window with no communication other than automated text messages. It's frustrating in what has otherwise been a very easy process. Keeping customers engaged builds loyalty and although the product is great, the experience from start to finish can help nurture repeat customers. Hopefully the delivery day is coming soon for all of us on the west coast.

I reached out again to Tesla earlier today. The SA stated I should get my vehicle within from 1-3 weeks. I still haven’t received my VIN and I asked how quickly will I receive the car after I get the car? He said 3 days, which I’m not sure how accurate that is.

I doubt it will be within a week since people on the EC are barely receiving their vehicles now. Then they move backwards.

8/11 order date.
Configurations. Sr+ Multi-coat red with white seats and 19s.