Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a user from San Diego who is picking up their car today.They ordered their car on 8/14 (LR AWD, Red with Black Interior, 18" Wheels, No FSD).

What was interesting was they received a text on 9/2 for Expected Delivery of 2-4 weeks. I received a text the same day but for Expected Delivery 1-3 weeks. So who knows, you could get a text that your car is ready...

Reactions: RedWhite19
Just received this.

Attachments

• 62A60E44-6D9F-4875-8F91-5323FCAD0E43.png
    62A60E44-6D9F-4875-8F91-5323FCAD0E43.png
    499.1 KB · Views: 84
There is a user from San Diego who is picking up their car today.They ordered their car on 8/14 (LR AWD, Red with Black Interior, 18" Wheels, No FSD).

What was interesting was they received a text on 9/2 for Expected Delivery of 2-4 weeks. I received a text the same day but for Expected Delivery 1-3 weeks. So who knows, you could get a text that your car is ready...

With all these fires in CA, which are unfortunate, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a delay. Somethings are simply out of our hands.

Just got a text message about 1-2 weeks.

I received the 2-4 weeks on aug 25th...

These texts are so misleading. We get all excited when we get a text thinking we are getting an earlier date since we have a window that can span 4 weeks or more. I have gotten 2 texts and each time the time in weeks goes down the amount of weeks I have waited. But its not really changing from the initial time frame. For me initially it was 4-8 weeks. 2 weeks later I got a text with 4-6 weeks. Another 2 weeks later I got a text with 2-4 weeks. Again the window from the 4-8 didn't really change. 4 weeks after I ordered would put me at 2-4 weeks left to wait. I suspect my next text will be next week (this will be 2 weeks from the last text) and it will tell me 1-2 weeks. My brain keeps thinking its going to get here faster but I really know its not.

Order 07/12: Model 3 SR+ White + Black
Final change on 07/13: White + White
Text on 08/10: 4-7 weeks
Text on 08/25: 3-5 weeks
As of today, no updates, no VIN.
Called SA and was told by the end of the month.
Any ideas on who I can contact to see why my order is taking so long as my SA isn't really giving me any answers.

Order 07/12: Model 3 SR+ White + Black
Final change on 07/13: White + White
Text on 08/10: 4-7 weeks
Text on 08/25: 3-5 weeks
As of today, no updates, no VIN.
Called SA and was told by the end of the month.
Any ideas on who I can contact to see why my order is taking so long as my SA isn't really giving me any answers.

Tesla is delivering Texas (and the US center) right now. After that, production will go to the west coast.

It will not matter how much you call. It will not change this system. Tesla will deliver as many cars as possible by quarter end (sept 30). You should hear from them soon, 1 week to 10 days.