Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called Tesla Customer support after my car showed a delivery date of Sept 15 and then disappeared yesterday. He said that since I ordered on 8/26, I probably won't be getting the car until early October to late November..!!!!!

On the Main Tesla Website, it shows expected delivery of 1-3 weeks for new Builds. He also mentioned that since I ordered from home and online that no SA is assigned. Go figure..

I am also paying for the vehicle in cash so not much paperwork so thought it could speed up the process but guess not.

Maybe it is a sign that I should wait until the M3 gets the rumored updates that the Model Y has. :)
I wonder if it would help to reach out to your pick-up location, maybe they would give you a different answer... If nothing else, maybe someone to yell at!! Thats such crap!

Reactions: User3509
If I had been told 8 weeks at the beginning (versus 4-8 weeks) that would have made a difference to me selling my car in week 3.

This selling old car before tesla delivers the car seems to be a recurring theme around here. I don't trust *anyone* to do anything these days in a reliable fashion. If they do, its a pleasant surprise.. otherwise I always plan for the worst. I have carried multiple cars at the same time until I actually had whatever new one in hand, and even two houses simultaneously to ensure the old one wasn't sold before the we had the keys to the new one.

You never know what might happen (deliberately or accidental) and also, people suck.

I just talked to my SA and still have no VIN but he said he "feels" confident I will have a car by the end of the month. After ordering on 8/4 and almost no communication, this frustration builds faster than the excitement. Hearing of people getting cars 2 weeks after ordering them is exciting for them but confusing for those who have been waiting. I think Tesla needs to do a better job of setting the expectation based on previous delivery patterns. If you know cars to LA go out in weeks 2 and 3 of the third month of the quarter then estimate on that schedule. People won't be sad about getting it early if something changes If I had been told 8 weeks at the beginning (versus 4-8 weeks) that would have made a difference to me selling my car in week 3. Oh well, I'm just ranting to get it out but I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this frustration.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. People who live closer to company are the ones that get punished? It should be first come-first serve. As I’ve said several times here, Tesla needs to change their philosophy on a number of things and at the top of the list is the ordering process.

• Disagree
Reactions: Siromnom
This selling old car before tesla delivers the car seems to be a recurring theme around here. I don't trust *anyone* to do anything these days in a reliable fashion. If they do, its a pleasant surprise.. otherwise I always plan for the worst. I have carried multiple cars at the same time until I actually had whatever new one in hand, and even two houses simultaneously to ensure the old one wasn't sold before the we had the keys to the new one.

You never know what might happen (deliberately or accidental) and also, people suck.

In my case my vehicle registration was due in September and rather than pay the full year I ordered a new car at the beginning of August showing a 4-8 week wait. In my mind that was plenty of time to sell the vehicle and be down to one car for a couple of weeks at most. Honestly, I made a bet and lost, and am sad I lost. It's not Tesla's fault, per se, but could all be avoided by being a tad bit more customer focused and thereby letting me set more realistic expectations. Again, taking the emotion out of it, I see no upside for not communicating.

I hadn't even thought of the financing implications and having to do a second credit check if the financing offer expires. That will actually ding someone's credit score. That really seems unfortunate.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Very
In my case my vehicle registration was due in September and rather than pay the full year I ordered a new car at the beginning of August showing a 4-8 week wait. In my mind that was plenty of time to sell the vehicle and be down to one car for a couple of weeks at most. Honestly, I made a bet and lost, and am sad I lost. It's not Tesla's fault, per se, but could all be avoided by being a tad bit more customer focused and thereby letting me set more realistic expectations. Again, taking the emotion out of it, I see no upside for not communicating.

I hadn't even thought of the financing implications and having to do a second credit check if the financing offer expires. That will actually ding someone's credit score. That really seems unfortunate.

Very similar situation with me.
Current vehicle lease expires shortly, therefore I ordered the vehicle early July.
After receiving a text on 08/10 that my vehicle could have an earlier delivery date if all my tasks in my accounts are taken care of, I submitted my application for my loan.
Now I'm sitting here waiting (with no response from my SA; whom I last emailed 2 weeks ago; no return calls) and hoping that I won't be forced to submit another loan application.

Got my official delivery date for 9/21/20! Could have done the 20th but I was going on a fishing trip haha.

Ordered - 8/25/2020 (3-5 Week)
2-4 Week text - 9/2/2020
1-3 Week Text - None
SA Email for Possible Delivery date of the 20th - 9/15/2020
Tesla Delivery Text and MVPA - 9/16/2020

I just checked my Tesla order page and the 4-8 windows came back. After it went away a couple of days ago. I never got a scheduled window like some have received.

upload_2020-9-16_14-46-57.png

I just checked my Tesla order page and the 4-8 windows came back. After it went away a couple of days ago. I never got a scheduled window like some have received.

View attachment 588930

My account went from

"Blank"
"3-4 weeks"
"Expected Delivery September 1 to 15"
"Blank"

They must be super busy... trying to get as many cars delivered before end of quarter.. but it doesn't seem like my car will be one of them... Battery Day here I come.

View attachment 588930

My account did the same thing but 8 weeks out for me is 10/4 so I'm still hopeful for a September delivery. Who knows?!? I never had a scheduled window either. Frankly, I think I would be more upset if I had a scheduled window and it then disappeared.