Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the same thing pushing the delivery date from 9/28 to 9/29. I’m going to call them this morning. We have gone from no communication to confusing communication. I’m looking forward to clear communication as that seems to be the next logical step. :)

I not only ended up talking to the delivery center yesterday but also stopped by the showroom as I happened to be near there. I think I have an appointment for tomorrow at 2pm but can’t be sure. The website says Tuesday at noon. I’m going to call again today to clarify. The salesperson at the showroom said what many have echoed here. The last few days of the quarter are absolutely crazy. Good luck to everyone picking up their cars this week. For me it will be one day shy (hopefully) of the eight week mark.

I not only ended up talking to the delivery center yesterday but also stopped by the showroom as I happened to be near there. I think I have an appointment for tomorrow at 2pm but can’t be sure. The website says Tuesday at noon. I’m going to call again today to clarify. The salesperson at the showroom said what many have echoed here. The last few days of the quarter are absolutely crazy. Good luck to everyone picking up their cars this week. For me it will be one day shy (hopefully) of the eight week mark.

My location is even unknown. My account says one thing and the text another. I'm going to try to move my date.

I read about all of these ordering experiences and I wonder why my experience has been so different and whether it’s a good thing or not. I orders M3 SR+ white/black, 19” wheels on Thursday night 9/24. I got my VIN later that night. Saturday 9/26 I received a delivery date of 9/28. Sunday 9/27, today, I get a text saying it will be ready to pick up tonight? I guess I’m worried that someone walked around the car and turned it down? I don’t know, I should just be happy, right?

I read about all of these ordering experiences and I wonder why my experience has been so different and whether it’s a good thing or not. I orders M3 SR+ white/black, 19” wheels on Thursday night 9/24. I got my VIN later that night. Saturday 9/26 I received a delivery date of 9/28. Sunday 9/27, today, I get a text saying it will be ready to pick up tonight? I guess I’m worried that someone walked around the car and turned it down? I don’t know, I should just be happy, right?
You should be happy. Some of us waited forever and got no info till the last couple of days. We sat in the dark for nearly two months.

You probably got matched with a car that somebody probably did not want after it was built. People do cancel time to time. White/black is probably the most common one out there. Just during delivery day, inspect it and drive-off if you don’t find any issues.

So the statement about "the last few days of the quarter being crazy" is absolutely correct. After watching my delivery date bounce from 9/29 to 9/28 I got a text at 9:45am that said the car is at the delivery location and ready to be picked up. I called the delivery center and they said that they would give me a noon appointment. Luckily the actual window is 12-2 or I would have never made it as I'm about an hour and twenty minutes away. Arriving at the delivery center there were at least four car carriers fully loaded with Teslas making trips to/from Fremont. Lots of people taking delivery. I walked up to the check in center and checked in where I was told to wait until they brought my car around. About 20 minutes later I received a text to meet with the advisor. The advisor was the center manager. Apparently they discovered a 3 inch dent on the front fascia that needed to be repaired. He said it wasn't a big deal and would require a new front bumper assembly. If I could just come back tomorrow it would be fine. Fast forward... I took possession and they will be bringing the replacement piece to my house to make the repair. Luckily one of the people working on these deliveries was a technician from my local service center and the actual person who would be doing the replacement. He said he could do it in the driveway. Other than that there were a couple of small paint imperfections that were noted. Oh and in between that and leaving the center they lost my signed paperwork. They assured me they would find it at some point.

The car is sitting in my driveway two days short of eight weeks after my order. The people at the delivery center were fantastic, kind, and understanding. The manager could not have been more pleasant, sympathetic, and willing to work with me. Yes, it is an incredible car. However, the whole experience of the last eight weeks may take some time to get over. Good luck to everyone taking delivery this week. The end is near... and you are getting your car... finally. This forum, and this topic in particular, has been more helpful and comforting than you know. Having others in the dark made me feel like I wasn't by myself and made the process easier. Thanks for all the comments and mutual support!

Reactions: RedWhite19
So, I went and finally picked up my car today. They moved up a day but it was at 2pm, which meant I would be stuck in rush hour getting back. But no biggie.

When I arrived, there were AT LEASt 250 cars were there(Sherman Oaks). Just packed with cars. A few of anything else but Model 3s. There were only 2 Model 3s that were red and white, which got a big smile on my face. The paperwork and what not were quick. I messed up on something, which they had to redo.

As for the drive. I couldn’t really open it up since the 405 at that time is horrible but it drives quite well. That stop and go on a dime is something I need to get used to. But I’ll take it for a spin tonight!

On the more embarrassing side, I had no idea how to turn the car off. My phone was yet in sync with the car, so I sat there like an idiot in front of my home googling how to turn off model 3.
766F25D4-6AAE-49F3-AD5D-BF064C6829D6.jpeg
3F5723FF-60A8-4446-9FBE-9C18EE5B03EE.jpeg

Last edited:
8F3AA977-615F-472E-903F-56C515740E1E.jpeg
You should be happy. Some of us waited forever and got no info till the last couple of days. We sat in the dark for nearly two months.

You probably got matched with a car that somebody probably did not want after it was built. People do cancel time to time. White/black is probably the most common one out there. Just during delivery day, inspect it and drive-off if you don’t find any iss
8F3AA977-615F-472E-903F-56C515740E1E.jpeg
ues.

You probably got matched with a car that somebody probably did not want after it was built. People do cancel time to time. White/black is probably the most common one out there. Just during delivery day, inspect it and drive-off if you don’t find any issues.

Car was delivered today, and yes I am quite happy. So much smoke and ash falling outside inspection wasn’t what I wanted it to be. The car looks great except for 2 issues. First is a small hole in the soft driver’s side of the center console. Second is there is a clear difference in the gap between front and back doors between the driver and passenger side (passenger side is wider) to the point that the bottom of the gap cast a shadow. Is this cause to complain??

I will report the poke hole tomorrow.

My wife likes her Model 3 so much that I am going to place an order for another Model 3. I will take her car as a hand-me down and then she will take the new one. I think she will benefit from the Power Trunk feature.

However, this time around, I am going to wait till the end of the quarter to order; especially, knowing that West Coast deliveries are literally DEAD last in the quarterly delivery cycle.

My wife likes her Model 3 so much that I am going to place an order for another Model 3. I will take her car as a hand-me down and then she will take the new one. I think she will benefit from the Power Trunk feature.

However, this time around, I am going to wait till the end of the quarter to order; especially, knowing that West Coast deliveries are literally DEAD last in the quarterly delivery cycle.

I believe you can get a powered trunk if you change the struts. It will open but you’ll still have to manually close it.

• Informative
Reactions: pjensen
That is pretty interesting and might purchase those struts for the car now. I wonder if it is more difficult to close.
It is, he mentions it. It gets slightly heavier. If you want to spend some money, you can buy the automatic version where you can press the button or use the foot censor and it will close it for you. You’ll need to pay for the installation and whatnot(would need to find somebody who can do it as well. If you are a DIY type of guy, I believe there are videos that show you how to do it).

I know it is early for west coast deliveries, but thought i'd check if anyone has heard of a delivery before December 1st. I received a text yesterday stating 3 - 6 weeks, which would put it on December 1st at the earliest.

M3P Silver w/ Black interior.

I know it is early for west coast deliveries, but thought i'd check if anyone has heard of a delivery before December 1st. I received a text yesterday stating 3 - 6 weeks, which would put it on December 1st at the earliest.

M3P Silver w/ Black interior.

Somebody on these boards in OC (where I'm located) was supposed to get their model 3 SR+ today (ordered around Oct. 16, if I recall). A couple days ago I received a text with a 2-5 week delivery window, which if accurate means I could have my car somewhere between late Nov./early Dec. I ordered Oct. 19.