Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Westmont IL sales center complaint. Treated like a criminal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever go to a car dealer on a Sunday to "wander" around and look at all the cars they have their lot or in the next lot? This seems to be a new concept for some, not sure why. Tesla is no different, these cars are not made of gold and there are not aliens in the trunks hiding out.

If someone doesn't let you on their private property....then they just don't.

If someone lets you on their private property...then they just do.

Its not wrong either way.

I wouldn't take it upon myself to browse someone's private property with the expectation that because others let you...then you can browse everyone's private property.

Reactions: dmurphy
If someone doesn't let you on their private property....then they just don't.

If someone lets you on their private property...then they just do.

Its not wrong either way.

I wouldn't take it upon myself to browse someone's private property with the expectation that because others let you...then you can browse everyone's private property.
True, but we are talking about a car dealer and car lot here, not someones personal property.
Never seen a car dealer atleast out here that forbids people from looking at cars.

Reactions: GeoX750
True, but we are talking about a car dealer and car lot here, not someones personal property.
Never seen a car dealer atleast out here that forbids people from looking at cars.

Absolutely they have. Our local Honda dealership in South Holland Il forbids it. Their outlet is purposely not labeled Honda or anything.

They don't want ANYONE going to their offsite lot because its not secured. Its private.

Again...just because one or more dealerships allow it...then that does not give license to anyone to roam around every private lot.

Reactions: dmurphy
Tesla gets a lot of heat for customers picking up their cars with even the tinest of scratches or rubs. Can't believe they would allow an unknown person to "wander" around their storage lots to "check some things out"

Simply rubbing up against a dirty car or scratching it with your belt buckle can be enough to cause them to lose a sale.
Not only that, but they use that lot as staging for cars in service. So it’s not even tesla’s Cars.

Ever go to a car dealer on a Sunday to "wander" around and look at all the cars they have their lot or in the next lot?

HELL NO.

Dealerships here are closed on Sundays. I have no reason, no business and no authority to be on their property when they're closed.

The way I see it, if I decide to stop at a dealership and wander around on Sunday, and get slammed to the ground by the police, it's my own fault.

You're in the wrong. That's not a sales lot; it's not for customers.

//EOT

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
You sound like an entitled jerk. YOU should have spoken to someone at the sales location FIRST before you went into the gated lot.
Imagine if it were a warehouse and the doors were open for fresh air, would you stroll in and have a look at inventory?

That is exactly what you did, only this warehouse didn't have a roof.

How many car sales lots have you been to where you couldn't walk around and look at cars?

Storage lots are usually fenced. Again this is a open lot. It was a threat. Just like filming in public areas or filming police. There is always an excuse like terrorism. If there was actually a threat at this location and vandalism going on don't you think they would not have cars out in the open?

I have to say that I don't agree with your view of what happened just from the standpoint that I know out here near the Fremont delivery center, which apparently leased nearby unoccupied office building parking lots to store new owners cars until delivery, they had patrols guarding those lots of literally hundreds of cars at 3rd Q 2018 end when I picked up mine. This isn't like a dealership you can walk around their lot looking through the cars before going into the dealership to sign a purchase agreement on one you picked out. As someone mentioned these are cars that are already spoken for. You might be sensitive to the matter of race if you think that's a factor here but honestly the guards in the overflow lot where were near were making sure no one was hanging out there for any reason. As someone said maybe could have been nicer about it. If it was racially based, sorry that happened then.