TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wh / mile

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by n2mb_racing, May 6, 2016.

1. n2mb_racing

n2mb_racing Member

Driving around a service loaner Model S today I noticed that the Wh / mi for the Model S seems to match exactly what I get in the Roadster at 65 mph: ~267 Wh / mi. Interesting. I knew the Model S was slippery, but I still thought it used quite a bit more power / mile, since it weighs almost twice as much. But, I guess not.

2. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

That certainly hasn't been my experience when driving MS. While the gap narrows at highway speeds they still consume more Wh/mi than my Roadster. Maybe we drive differently?

3. Stefan T

Stefan T Member

After driving a loaner to my work the diffrece of consumption was huge
    The road is mutch corners and not so verry wide
    The roadster consume approx 180wh/km and the loaner consumed 280wh/km on same road with same speed and driving condisions

4. n2mb_racing

n2mb_racing Member

Maybe I drive my Roadster harder than the S. In the S, I was using cruise set at 65 mph on the highway for over an hour to make it home with enough charge. The weather was perfect and the roads were flat. I don't usually see numbers much lower than that in my Roadster, especially when cruising at higher speeds.