Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the best bass song you’ve found in your 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eagles / Hell Freezes Over (2018 remastered), Hotel California

You beat me to it - that's the #1 test song I use for any new stereo system. Fantastic highs and lows - really gets the entire range going.

Then, of course, Dark Side of the Moon, start to finish since I know it like the back of my hand.

If you ask me, I say Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple. But if you ask my 12yo daughter, she would say Billie Eilish's Bad Guy. In fact, nearly every track on Billie Eilish's new album has some of the most substantial bass I have ever heard.

Smoke on the Water, great choice. No idea who or what a Billie Eilish is..... :)

I knew I was getting old when Pearl Jam showed up on the classic rock station.

Oh, there ya go -- Pearl Jam - Ten. Just listen all the way through.

If you ask me, I say Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple. But if you ask my 12yo daughter, she would say Billie Eilish's Bad Guy. In fact, nearly every track on Billie Eilish's new album has some of the most substantial bass I have ever heard.

Haha .I'm 34 and I was going to say that I'm looking forward to playing some Billie Eilish when I get my 3 in a couple weeks..and my kids are 6 and 4 so they have no idea who she is..

Some other Alt Nation songs I wanna try too...

Also..loved the AWOL Nation - Sail recommendation from an earlier post

another one of those posts where people post their favourite songs rather than anything else (nightwishs i wish i had an angel... really?).

The reality is that in most modern music productions there is plenty of subbass.
Hiphop often has deep subbass but imho the Model 3's subwoofer is too small that deep down so you need to have something which hits a bit higher.
Probably some the older drum & bass productions are your best bet if you want to just impress. Goldie-Timeless maybe.
From a musical point of view this is by modern standards obviously completely unlistenable haha.

For general sound system testing female pop and boyband songs are usually the standard if you don't have to check distorted guitars. A lot of people like Britney Spear's Toxic. Has a smooth and siney bass which covers a lot of the bass spectrum, drums which aren't too loud, very wide strings and vocals and quite a few fx. Nysnc - I want you back is also a good one for that but the quality of the mix isnt as good.

From experience a tune which has fairly loud subass even on low wattage sound systems is Flux Pavillion - Bass cannon (zomboy remix). The subbass is fairly dominant in th etrack which was more common back then and the bassline spends pretty much the entire song at G sharp where you got both the door woofers as well as the sub still working...

I admired how well my TM3 handled the bass for "How Many Drinks" by Miguel. The bass comes in around the 30 second mark. The bass actually sounds better in my car than my laptop with headsets.

because the bass is just an isolated 808/sine without anything in the 100-200hz range. It also hits much higher than most hip hop basses, ergo appears more powerful on weaker systems.