Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD Standard to Premium Audio Subwoofer - Hansshow Version A - Detailed Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed Version A in my 2022 SR+ AMD and the rear left surround speaker is emitting white noise and sounds muted compared to the rear right surround speaker. I tested the plug with the other speaker as well as getting the harness replaced and the issue still persists. I also notice when the vehicles parking lights or headlights are on it gets worse. Is anyone experiencing a similar issue or know why this would be happening?
I haven't installed the rear speakers yet, when you contacted hansshow did they say anything regarding that?.

They claim it’s an issue with my car and want me to do extensive trouble shooting with checking the voltage and current on the harness. I gave up.
Great. That's pretty poor customer support. If you did all of the checks like they asked and no problem was found, would they send you a replacement?
I'm really on the fence about these guys, Was about to pull the trigger, but something just isn't right. Especially the rear speaker install.

Hi Guys,

Wanted to share my weekend project for father's day, LoL. I love how the sound on my 2023 RWD sounds, but compared with the LR and Performance it lack the extra bass. I was able to get this Hansshow Version A kit installed, and the results has been pretty good. I was able to compare it with my neighbors' Y Performance and friend's LR and it feels the same, and in some songs a bit more bass than the Y and LR. This kit as well activate the pillars and tweeter speakers. It comes with the rear speakers as well (to make the complete converstion), but so far I'm not putting those yet. Any question please let me know.

Hey, did the install last weekend. Your video was exactly what I needed. TY. This sub is perfect for me. More then enough base.

Reactions: kaimanson
Hi Guys,

Wanted to share my weekend project for father's day, LoL. I love how the sound on my 2023 RWD sounds, but compared with the LR and Performance it lack the extra bass. I was able to get this Hansshow Version A kit installed, and the results has been pretty good. I was able to compare it with my neighbors' Y Performance and friend's LR and it feels the same, and in some songs a bit more bass than the Y and LR. This kit as well activate the pillars and tweeter speakers. It comes with the rear speakers as well (to make the complete converstion), but so far I'm not putting those yet. Any question please let me know.

Hey thanks so much. I installed over the weekend. 4 hours total. 1 hour watching your video over and over in parts. 1 hour getting that second (the back one) connector out of the amp and the new one inserted. Everything else easy. Perfect amount of base for me and the pillards speakers really bring in the highs that were missing.

Reactions: kaimanson
Hey thanks so much. I installed over the weekend. 4 hours total. 1 hour watching your video over and over in parts. 1 hour getting that second (the back one) connector out of the amp and the new one inserted. Everything else easy. Perfect amount of base for me and the pillards speakers really bring in the highs that were missing.
Same here, bass is perfect not too much not too little. I can say that after installing mine, within two people it can be done in less than a hours. Glad you were able to get it done.

Any idea of when these kits might be back in stock? They appear to be all sold out. Is Hansshow the only website that sells them?
Looks like there is an issue regarding aftermarket audio harnesses and Tesla navigation voice getting messed up (muffled) after a recent software upgrade. Hansshow took the page off, but looks like they put it back on, but purchases cannot be made. If I were you, just keep an eye whenever they allow purchases to be made once again. I rarely use the navigation voice, and when I use it, i keep it mute. As long as the subwoofer works and the sounds stays the same I'm good 👍

I sent an email to Hansshow yesterday asking some questions about their subwoofer package I was considering purchasing, I received the following reply:

At the moment, we are not offering any audio upgrade products. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Norma

Not sure how to interpret that.

I'm one of the affected owners with the Hansshow audio upgrade kit including sub. I think it's the version F - I'm not sure - I don't have my copy of the receipt in my email.

I would steer clear of buying this or any other harness until the manufacturer has made it clear they're not affected, or have a fix. The navigation voice is currently 100% useless with the upgrade kits in their current form.

Do you ever have issues with the subwoofer just stopping after a while or failing to turn on at all when you start the car? I installed the Version A two months ago after watching your vid, it worked fine for a couple of weeks and now it's hit or miss whether it works or not. When the sub stops working if I open the trunk I can see the blue light on the sub has turned off

Do you ever have issues with the subwoofer just stopping after a while or failing to turn on at all when you start the car? I installed the Version A two months ago after watching your vid, it worked fine for a couple of weeks and now it's hit or miss whether it works or not. When the sub stops working if I open the trunk I can see the blue light on the sub has turned off
No at all still working fine. Have you try contacting them. Also check the fuse on the subwoofer (just in case), and connection to make sure everything is tight enough.