Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the return process like?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious why you want to return it?
There was a litany of small issues with the car when I took delivery. For example, there were chalk marks under the glass between the adhesive, so it could not be wiped off. I've attached photos of just some of the issues below. The delivery agent promised a Due Bill, which I never got. To address these issues, I was told to reach out to the norcal-concerns email, to which I never got a reply. Full disclosure, the automated message I received did mention that it can take up to 7 working days to receive a reply. After speaking with my Sales Advisor and the Delivery Manager, we all felt that it would be best to return the car and place a new order for another Model 3.
IMG_0138.jpeg IMG_0294.jpeg IMG_0497.jpeg IMG_7503.jpeg IMG_6630.jpeg IMG_7018.jpeg IMG_6046.jpeg IMG_2097.jpeg FullSizeRender-8.jpeg

There was a litany of small issues with the car when I took delivery. For example, there were chalk marks under the glass between the adhesive, so it could not be wiped off. I've attached photos of just some of the issues below. The delivery agent promised a Due Bill, which I never got. To address these issues, I was told to reach out to the norcal-concerns email, to which I never got a reply. Full disclosure, the automated message I received did mention that it can take up to 7 working days to receive a reply. After speaking with my Sales Advisor and the Delivery Manager, we all felt that it would be best to return the car and place a new order for another Model 3.
Similar boat, I had to return mine due to dots under the paint and clear coat damage all over the hood, rearview mirrors, and bumper. Told me 3 week to repair and half the car would be repainted .Everything else was good though.
Delivery manager actually talked me into doing it, I didn't want to return but there were not many options. She said 7-10 days for return check which I know is probably not realistic. My new SA said more like 30 days.

Similar boat, I had to return mine due to dots under the paint and clear coat damage all over the hood, rearview mirrors, and bumper. Told me 3 week to repair and half the car would be repainted .Everything else was good though.
Delivery manager actually talked me into doing it, I didn't want to return but there were not many options. She said 7-10 days for return check which I know is probably not realistic. My new SA said more like 30 days.
So interesting. The delivery manager and the SA talked me into returning as well. However, my SA did quote me 15 days because I paid cash and he explained that Tesla wants to get my money back as soon as possible so I can take delivery on another car before quarter end.

• Helpful
Reactions: JFChenger
So interesting. The delivery manager and the SA talked me into returning as well. However, my SA did quote me 15 days because I paid cash and he explained that Tesla wants to get my money back as soon as possible so I can take delivery on another car before quarter end.
I paid cash as well which is why the manager was saying 7-10 days. They know I want to reorder as well and she assigned me a new SA who seems to be on the ball. She also told me if I don't see my initial deposit back on CC by tomorrow to let her know. Nothing yet so probably be emailing her tomorrow lol.
I told them the same thing, I definitely want to take delivery before June 30th for tax credit, and I am sure they want the sale on Q2 as well.

As a followup, my two cash payments were returned yesterday. Exactly the amount I had paid in - deposit of $2500 and the remainder. Still waiting on the loan part but they said that could take up to 6 weeks from the date the vehicle was returned.