Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What an ordeal but worth it in the end...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is how my day went yesterday. My pickup time was supposed to be between 9 and 6 in Dublin on 12/31. We got to Dublin around 2 and ran some errands while we waited for a text to let us know which parking spot the car was in. That text never came. At 6:30, I went in to check and talked to 3 people before a manager came down at 7:00 and told me that the car assigned to me did not pass their inspection. I asked when were they planning on telling me. He didn't have an answer and apologized.

I had him check for another car on the lot, which met my specifications (pearl white, black interior, 19" wheels, no FSD and no tow) but they didn't have any. However, he found one in Fremont with a 12/31 build date and said that it can be delivered to my home. I asked him to assign that car to me, which he did but I did not want a home delivery.

In the mean time, my wife who works the night shift in a hospital had to leave. The manager was nice enough to book me an Uber to the Fremont SC. I got there at around 8:30 and checked in. Waited for another hour along with 5-6 other buyers and was finally taken to the car at 9:30. They let me inspect the car to my satisfaction (I took around 40 minutes).

I did not see any panel gaps, the right mirror went out fine, I use the CHP setting so it worked for me. The paint looked fine last night and I double checked this AM and no issues. There were just 2 things of note. The left rear seat is tight so it didn't go down with the button in the trunk. The right seat went down fine. I suspect it'll loosen up with time and will be okay. I also found 2 pieces of protective tape on the roof, which I was able to take off easily. Other than that no issues. The car drives beautifully, very sporty and tight around the corners. The 3 months of FSD was activated this morning and will be trying it out. The SA told me that the free supercharging will be activated in 2-3 weeks.

Logistically, it was a nightmare but the product is excellent.

Congrats on your car, I had similar hassle in NJ just not on New Year's eve. I have the same issue with the left rear seat, I scheduled an SC appointment for next week and I will let you know what they do to fix it. You might want to check the left mirror i.e. drivers side, the most common problem is it does not go far out. Some people have tried this as a fix, Removing tabs from 2021 Model Y driver's sideview mirror to allow full range of motion of the mirror
No issues with the driver side mirror. It goes out far enough for me. Yes please let us know what the SC does for the left rear seat. I’m hoping it’ll resolve on its own.

What an ordeal especially with only a few hours left to get perks like 1 year supercharging perks, and 3 months FSD! In the end, congrats you got a great product. I don't have a delivery date yet but my pick-up location is Dublin. Hoping, poor communication at the Dublin location isn't a common occurrence.

What an ordeal especially with only a few hours left to get perks like 1 year supercharging perks, and 3 months FSD! In the end, congrats you got a great product. I don't have a delivery date yet but my pick-up location is Dublin. Hoping, poor communication at the Dublin location isn't a common occurrence.
Good luck on your delivery. Communication is very sparse if any. It might depend on the SA. Just go into the SC and talk to someone on delivery day if there is ambiguity in the information. Most likely delivery will be at the end of quarter leading to another madhouse situation.