Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are my options after paying in-full but failed delivery of used S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a 2015 85D, which they requested I take delivery of in Paramus, NJ instead of Dedham, MA where the car was located. After a minor shipping delay, they confirmed it arrived, had no damage mechanical needs, and was ready for delivery. They requested I ACH the funds, which I did, and we scheduled the delivery date. They confirmed twice (delivery was scheduled for today), but I received a call early last evening and was informed about a safety issue (cracked windshield), and they told me the car could not be delivered and no ETA on a replacement. In fact, the representative suggested I might want to consider a different used Tesla if I could find one with similar features.

Since the funds came from a bank loan, which has been disbursed a week ago, but I cannot accept delivery and have no ETA, can anyone suggest what optionsI might have?

Yes, I think that makes sense. When I called the person at the Tesla center where I am supposed to take delivery, he told me that the bank had not funded the loan and that there process was only to provide a small amount of the money to Tesla upfront and then make an additional payment, neither of which I knew was accurate. I didn’t expect that type of misleading response.

What’s more frustrating is that they have no ETA on this. I responded back asking what my expectations should be as an owner if I needed a part replaced or service performed.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tforme