Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the differences between Long Range and Performance (beyond the obvious)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys sooooo......I ended up getting the Performance due to it costing only 5k more than the LR+ and for it being in the exact configuration that I wanted it to be in. I was very skeptical of Raven and had no experience with air suspension. I was pleasantly surprised as to how quiet and smooth the ride is on the Raven suspension system. I also did my first 235 miles trip on it and the thing is so freaking efficient. I had 108 miles remaining when I got to my destination. I did drive it on Range mode and in Chill acceleration with HVAC On only when needed.

Having owned P3D for two years, I now believe Model S is indeed a superior vehicle than 3 and Y. My 3 was extremely noisy and gave me a headache on very long trips. I am thrilled to be the owner of this amazing car.

One big issue I am having is the Autopilot kicking me out after every 30 or so miles. I would get a red icon saying take control immediately and autosteer unavailable for the rest of the trip. It happened 5 times on my 235 miles trip. It is upsetting because I have been holding the steering wheel all 5 times and did not miss any warnings. I ended up stopping after the 4th error and re-calibrating the cameras but even that did not work :(
Planning on calling Tesla support tomorrow to see if they can reset or do something else on their end because it's not like this is my first Tesla and don't know what I am doing. Something is wrong with the autopilot. Other than that, the car is Insanely satisfying.

Guys sooooo......I ended up getting the Performance due to it costing only 5k more than the LR+ and for it being in the exact configuration that I wanted it to be in. I was very skeptical of Raven and had no experience with air suspension. I was pleasantly surprised as to how quiet and smooth the ride is on the Raven suspension system. I also did my first 235 miles trip on it and the thing is so freaking efficient. I had 108 miles remaining when I got to my destination. I did drive it on Range mode and in Chill acceleration with HVAC On only when needed.

Having owned P3D for two years, I now believe Model S is indeed a superior vehicle than 3 and Y. My 3 was extremely noisy and gave me a headache on very long trips. I am thrilled to be the owner of this amazing car.

One big issue I am having is the Autopilot kicking me out after every 30 or so miles. I would get a red icon saying take control immediately and autosteer unavailable for the rest of the trip. It happened 5 times on my 235 miles trip. It is upsetting because I have been holding the steering wheel all 5 times and did not miss any warnings. I ended up stopping after the 4th error and re-calibrating the cameras but even that did not work :(
Planning on calling Tesla support tomorrow to see if they can reset or do something else on their end because it's not like this is my first Tesla and don't know what I am doing. Something is wrong with the autopilot. Other than that, the car is Insanely satisfying.

Lots of luck with it. Curious is it a new one or used?

It was a test drive unit. Probably also used as a loaner too because it had 2000 miles on it. Manufactured in June and at Kansas service center. They sold it to me as new probably because legally you can sell a car with under 5000 miles as New if you're a dealership.
Thats awesome. In NYC there is a long range + test drive one with two wheels curbed, will only discount like 2K. I would have jumped at your deal also. And I personally don't like the speed of the performance. It really gives / gave me a headache when I drove it. IT was incredible though.

Reactions: umair239
Thats awesome. In NYC there is a long range + test drive one with two wheels curbed, will only discount like 2K. I would have jumped at your deal also. And I personally don't like the speed of the performance. It really gives / gave me a headache when I drove it. IT was incredible though.
I hear you on the headache. I've mostly been using it on range mode for better efficiency and it's a great car. Model S/X are definitely superior to 3/Y and having owned both I'd never pick 3 over my S for long trips as it's asking for headaches. I now chuckle at the people who claim 3 and Y are better lol