Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the supercharging costs per kwh in northeast?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a 2013 P85 and sold it a few months ago and have a MY on order. Given that i was grandfathered in before, i never paid attention to suoercharger costs. I an seeing reports that tesla jacked these prices up to $0.69 cents. Is this what it costs everywhere? How do i see what it costs at each supercharger? I primarily have used binghamton, the crossings in pa, and the one at a wawa right outside nyc i think its parsippanny. So those areas ny pa nj. Where can i look up this info? I dont see it posted anywhere online on any site.

I had a 2013 P85 and sold it a few months ago and have a MY on order. Given that i was grandfathered in before, i never paid attention to suoercharger costs. I an seeing reports that tesla jacked these prices up to $0.69 cents. Is this what it costs everywhere? How do i see what it costs at each supercharger? I primarily have used binghamton, the crossings in pa, and the one at a wawa right outside nyc i think its parsippanny. So those areas ny pa nj. Where can i look up this info? I dont see it posted anywhere online on any site.
Yes they jacked the rates up, at least in MA, NH, ME. It went from .21-.44 cents/kWh. So more than double.

Turns out superchargers ARE for profit after all.

Upvote 0
Well this is all super disappointing. I recall back in the first days of the supercharger network being announced that Elon said that supercharging was going to be free and that they'd offset the cost through solar. Obviously thats changed , and regardless of whether or not that is reasonable or even feasible, to charge upwards of $0.69c is just crazy. Even across most of NY electric is generally extremely cheap (ignoring nyc itself)...some towns are even sub $0.01c/kwh which is why it become a huge hotspot for crypto mining. But for Tesla to take this cheap power and make 200-1000% profit on it really hurts the customers. IMO if I were in charge I'd probably make the profit off non tesla's charging (we know thats coming soon), and either make it free for tesla owners or at most give it to them at cost rather than profit. Or perhaps a paid program subscription, x kwh for y cost per month or something, instead of per kwh.

Upvote 0
Well this is all super disappointing. I recall back in the first days of the supercharger network being announced that Elon said that supercharging was going to be free and that they'd offset the cost through solar. Obviously thats changed , and regardless of whether or not that is reasonable or even feasible, to charge upwards of $0.69c is just crazy. Even across most of NY electric is generally extremely cheap (ignoring nyc itself)...some towns are even sub $0.01c/kwh which is why it become a huge hotspot for crypto mining. But for Tesla to take this cheap power and make 200-1000% profit on it really hurts the customers. IMO if I were in charge I'd probably make the profit off non tesla's charging (we know thats coming soon), and either make it free for tesla owners or at most give it to them at cost rather than profit. Or perhaps a paid program subscription, x kwh for y cost per month or something, instead of per kwh.
People who believe in Tesla’s “mission” and Elon’s claims of anything being not-for-profit are naive.

Tesla is a for-profit, publicly traded company. The bottom line is ALL that matters. Any eco-benefits are secondary.

Upvote 0