Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are your thoughts on friends/family charging at your house? You at theirs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled my house off of plugshare due to the majority of visitors not offering to pay for the power they were using. Apparently I was wrong in assuming that it meant share, as in share the plug and the expenses. I had one guy that started coming by twice every weekend to charge his Leaf. The last straw was when he started asking to stay overnight in our guest room.

Anyway, guests are welcome to charge. But if I were a guest I would at least offer to pay for the electricity I was using.
Wow, just wow.

At my sister's I plugged into. 120volt outlet but it was warmer than I was comfortable with when I unplugged so I will be more cautious in the future. There is a supercharger on the way 20minutes from her place so unnecessary.

Going to visit my parents soon in a place that is a couple hundred miles from a supercharger, probably 150+ from a destination charger, 20miles away is a public J1772.
This trip the Tesla is staying home and I plan to look at feasibility of an outlet for me or using the dryer outlet, parents seem skeptical but I think they are worried about their old fuse box or me getting stranded on the way.

If I had a guest with an EV I wouldn't hesitate to let them charge.

Far as money, I would be likely to offer to pay if charging and likely to decline if someone tried to pay me.