Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What color will wheel be under Gemini covers in Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the model Y order page has been updated, I have been bothered by the prospect of a chrome deleted car coming with silver wheels. Do you all think they’ll be the same cover as the Model 3 Areo wheels without the cover?
On a related note, what are the odds of me getting the Aero wheels since that was what was on the order page when I placed my model Y order?
Lastly, will the attached photo be what’s under the Gemini cover?

thanks all!
2AC13A91-5F6C-4C88-9824-B66453CB3B5C.jpeg

Since the model Y order page has been updated, I have been bothered by the prospect of a chrome deleted car coming with silver wheels. Do you all think they’ll be the same cover as the Model 3 Areo wheels without the cover?
On a related note, what are the odds of me getting the Aero wheels since that was what was on the order page when I placed my model Y order?

thanks all!View attachment 505739

I just checked my reservation, and the Aero wheels I had spec'd automatically changed to the 19" Gemini wheels. I dont think Aero wheels will be offered at all anymore on the MY.

And I agree that silver wheels look out of place on the otherwise very stealthy Model Y. Hopefully the Gemini wheels are the same as what is under the Aeros.

Reactions: dontblinkdoc
I just checked my reservation, and the Aero wheels I had spec'd automatically changed to the 19" Gemini wheels. I dont think Aero wheels will be offered at all anymore on the MY.

And I agree that silver wheels look out of place on the otherwise very stealthy Model Y. Hopefully the Gemini wheels are the same as what is under the Aeros.

My car shows silver Gemini. This close to production the picture very likely shows the actual product.

Perhaps they found the 18" wheels small for the larger Y.

I would prefer black too..

thanks all!View attachment 505739

I'd say pretty slim. I spec'd my Y with the 18" Aeros and it's been auto changed to the 19" Gemini's. At least I have the old pricing for 18" wheels and FSD.

I did see this one. I suspect the wheels underneath will be what I posted at the beginning since they have been in all the spotted Ys. Like when the 3 was being spotted in 2017, we got to see the Aeros without caps before we knew what they were.
I actually prefer the ones in the video.
Thicker spokes cause its a heavy car.
The ones you posted looks like it will bend easily

Reactions: Wennfred