Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What color wrap should I get?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my M3 is ready for delivery this weekend. The very first thing I plan to do is to put change color with wrap. I ordered the basic black for this reason. The problem is, I didnt know the car will be available so soon and I haven't think of what color wrap for the car. My initial idea is to get something similar to the Chalk White or China Grey from the Porsche color wheel. I want to see what you think will look good on the M3.

I'm down to 3M 1080 in either Satin Perfect Blue or Gloss Flip Deep Space. I'm leaning towards the Deep Space, but it's nearly an extra $1000 (directional wraps require more labour and material to lay properly). Here's a couple clips, from a TMC poster, of what it looks like on the Model 3.

Mid-day light:
Near sunset light (notice the gold/bronze metal really pops in this lighting):

Last edited:
I'm down to 3M 1080 in either Satin Perfect Blue or Gloss Flip Deep Space. I'm leaning towards the Deep Space, but it's nearly an extra $1000 (directional wraps require more labour and material to lay properly). Here's a couple clips, from a TMC poster, of what it looks like on the Model 3.

Mid-day light:
Near sunset light (notice the gold/bronze metal really pops in this lighting):

This wrap is sick! Let me know which one you finally decide on. I have till Tuesday to give my final answer.

This wrap is sick! Let me know which one you finally decide on. I have till Tuesday to give my final answer.
You're on your own, then. There will be no deciding for another few weeks, don't take delivery until the latter half of September. Not going to pull the trigger on getting the wrap shop to order materials until the car is in my driveway, since Tesla's delivery logistics is spotty in the area of reliability. ;)

Just be like this guy, follow your heart, and it'll all be fine.
Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 11.09.41 PM.png

Opposite of Flat
<bling!>
Chrome
Warning: Also the opposite of cheap. ;)

Those chrome wrap jobs are a small fortune. The material is so expensive plus crazy tough to work with. Very easy to overstretch, yet you have to get enough tension on it to have it flat.

However if you're going for over-the-top eye-catching and can stomach the price, it's definitely a prime choice.

Last edited: