Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you sell/trade for your 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm presently driving a 2017 A4 Prestige, and seriously considering the M3LR. I'm worried about buyers remorse, though. I'm really particular about rattles and squeaks, and my car is perfectly silent right now. As far as features, I can do without the HUD, but thinking I'm going to miss the ventilated seats and CarPlay.

Any further thoughts (regrets?) moving on from the Audi?
I had a 2019 A4 and the things I like about the Model 3 over the Audi has to be the driving experience, cheaper to run and... that's it. Everything else I think Audi is superior but I still don't regret getting the car.

Audi A4 Quattro S-Line. Miss the interior quality, maybe the seats were better, B&O sound system was awesome but the M3LR sound is pretty close I reckon. Ride quality is surprisingly very similar. The Audi was a lovely car to own. But even with an APR tune it was a shopping cart compared to the M3. OMG does anyone ever get tired of that instant torque?
9c9m3nuo8dbm0dp9llhkrrw98.jpg

I'll be selling my 2013 BMW 328i xDrive. Will not miss it. That car was cursed rfom the time I bought it. Used to have to park between two pillars, first week I cut the wheel too tight and jacked up the rear quarter panel which was bondo'ed. A few months later a lady pulled out in front of my car and I couldn't maneuver/brake in time (100% her fault per police). A few months after that, about a month after getting my car back from the shop, I rear ended someone that stopped in the middle of the road with nobody else around (I was at fault though I had to deal with the fraud department at my insurance agency...other operator had a lawyer file directly with my insurance and bypass theirs... long, shitty story)

If I buy a sports car with packaging restraints, it will have 2 doors. The Taycan was lovely, but its clearly and understandably designed to bridge a few products in the portfolio.

And I would assume - and hope - after we start getting two-door performance EVs, we'll start to see sporty, 2-door convertibles. I saw in the big Lexus presser, they had a convertible variant. I get there's the Tesla Roadster looming, but I'm talking a price point more like a BMW Cab.

Switched from gas (2011 Fiesta) to a PHEV in 2018 with an ‘18 Volt. Loved that thing but I kept getting annoyed with having a gas motor that I barely ever used. Traded for a ‘20 Bolt after the pandemic started and prices tanked. Was happy with it and went on a fair few road trips in 2021 once things calmed down and I got my shots. Charging was annoying but not too bad with YouTube to keep me company. I’d really wanted a Tesla and this was my compromise car. In late 2021 we got some nice raises and I goofed off seeing what a trade would be from Tesla. Turns out I would only be losing a couple thousand so I figured screw it I’m getting what I always wanted

Ordered an LR right before Thanksgiving and picked it up the weekend after Christmas. Absolutely love it now that I have what I’ve always wanted!

Reactions: dmurphy
Sold my 2011 BMW M3 and 2011 Prius for a 2022 Model 3 LR (hopefully next week). The BMW M3 averaged 12 mpg (9mpg with spirited driving) and the Prius was soul crushingly slow.

Attachments

• C2C4B279-78BB-48D5-8AA8-C164F32A25CD.jpeg
    C2C4B279-78BB-48D5-8AA8-C164F32A25CD.jpeg
    309.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 5298056C-1A86-4985-801C-889D09E79A2E.jpeg
    5298056C-1A86-4985-801C-889D09E79A2E.jpeg
    544.4 KB · Views: 44
2012 Volvo T6 R Design. Comfortable car but I won't miss the premium fuel and it had a lot of electrical issues (locks/windows/headlights). Resale value was also terrible but I knew that going in. Picked up 2022 M3P last week and love it. My overnight charge rate is .028 per kWh.....